• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Wearables

Ninja

Well well well
Now more than ever, smart watches and advanced fitness trackers are becoming more and more common to see on people’s wrists.

Do you have one of these devices? If so, has it made life more convenient for you? Was it worth it? Which brands do you recommend?

For me, I’ve had and returned numerous products over the past two years. I’ve tried the Samsung Gear S2, the original Apple Watch first gen for my old iPhone, a number of Fitbits including the Versa.

The Fitbit Versa was fine at first however it’s really starting to lag and the battery has gotten worse twice now. I’ve already had it replaced, and I’m having the same issues. I’m probably going to get the new Apple Watch when it comes out in a couple of weeks.

Getting notifications, calls, and fitness reminders are fantastic for me, and I enjoy wearables. Unfortunately the market has been dominated by two expensive brands and the others are trying to catch up but the product value isn’t there yet.

Jimmu

Administrator
Staff member
ZD Champion
Administrator
I've never really used them myself since I'm not as fussed about fitness as I should be and have never worn a watch. Pulling my phone out of my pocket is easy enough that I wouldn't consider purchasing an expensive smart watch that can do as much or less than the phone. Perhaps if they were much more affordable I'd consider it but at the current prices they tend to go for I'll stick with my phone.

I have never used it, maybe it does not worth their price, maybe just because i do not like watches, including smart or fitness watches too.

Alita the Pun

Dmitri
ive tried the late google glass. a horrible system, I hate it, plus I wear glasses already so it would be useless. I don't own an Apple Watch but my brother has one and he enjoys it a lot. The Apple Watch is not only the best selling smart watch but the single best selling watch in the world. for me, if I were to ever buy a smart watch, it would be the Apple Watch. the Series 4 Apple Watch looks really good and im seriously considering getting it if I can get some money together.

Zachie

Moo
Has anyone used a Ticwatch E? I'm thinking of getting one this week. I was thinking the S, but you can't change the watch band. :[ on the E you can though!

DekuNut

I play my drum for you
I have a Smart Watch, but I don't really use it for two reasons.
The first is because I keep breaking the charger. It's kind of annoying and I don't like it.
The second is because I don't wear a watch. I'm just not used to it. Even when I remember to put it on, I'm still going to check my phone before the watch most of the time because that's what I'm used to.

My mom has something called a "fitbit", it's supposed to help with weight loss/weight management, I'm not sure what else it does, but ever since she got it I became interested. The watch kinda reminded me of when people put a ring/thread around their finger to remember something important. I tend to be a very forgetful person, and if I'm able to have that constant balance and consistent reminders around my wrist, seems worth it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom