• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Saddest character fates in Zelda

We all know that things didn't really end well for our Hero of Time but there are a lot of other sad stories too.

The Deku King's son in Majora's Mask has his soul ripped out of him, never to be revived.

The creepy guy in Kakariko village at night in OoT becomes a Stalfos.

These are grim fates in such family friendly games, which other sad stories in Zelda haunt you?

Dio

~ It's me, Dio!~
The Poe Collector in OoT. He is more than likely that Hylian Soldier who was in that storage room when Link was a kid. But was decapitated, and 7 years later is collecting poes.

Also Dampe's death bothers me. How did he die?
I always assumed he was just old and died of a myocardial infarction or something.

And Ganondorf's death in Wind Waker is sad to me. I know he is evil but he doesnt seem like a total demon that needs to be stopped like in the other games. I cant help admire his determination for going on for so long in pursuit of his goal and it all comes to getting a sword in the skull in the end.

Vanessa28

Angel of Darkness
Staff member
ZD Legend
Administrator
I won't call a crush on Link a sad fate. Just unfortunate but there are way more sad things happening in the franchise. In MM when you just don't do some sidequests. And you see all those people waiting for their final moments together or alone. Yes, of course you're able to do it all over but still what actually would happen if you don't save the day is pretty dark and sad.
Also Queen Rutela being killed by Zant as a message to her people. Prince Ralis is growing up as an orphan. Pretty sad.

el :BeoWolf:

When all else fails use fire
The postman is another one. It's kind of funny how he won't flee since it's not on the schedule, but for him the schedule is everything. Whether it be his sheer loyalty or just plain crazy it's kind of sad to think he just sits and waits for the moon to fall

Princess Niki

Allons-y
Staff member
The champions from Breath of the Wild, I mean they had to live as spirits trapped inside the Divine Beasts for 100 years and had their lives cut so short. Especially Mipha and Revali as both were young adults the equivalent to a human in their late teens to early 20s.

YIGAhim

Sole Survivor
OoT Link takes the Cake for sure. Of course it's the obvious answer, but he is so far ahead of everyone else I don't see why I shouldn;t mention it.

He saved the world and died an unknown

Castle

Ch!ld0fV!si0n
Pan-decepticon-transdeliberate-selfidentifying-sodiumbased-extraexistential-temporal anomaly
Rutela's execution for certain.

Zelda having to live with the knowledge that she brought about Ganondorf's overthrow of Hyrule and the apparent death of her father, the King.

Flute Playing Boy... but it's okay, he gets better.

Nabooru getting brainwashed and imprisoned inside magical armor.

Midna and the Hero of Twilight, separated forever...

The moon falling and killing everyone in Termina has always been eerie to me. Also Grog in Ocarina of time, after you give him mushrooms during the trading quest and he just disappears, and then that blonde kokiri girl is in his spot and tells you he's gone/lost in the forest, really strange to me.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom