• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Grand Theft Auto V Tops 100 Million Units Sold

https://www.gamerevolution.com/news/454483-grand-theft-auto-v-sold-100-million-units

GTA V has now sold over 100 million copies.

It's the third game to do so in history after Tetris and Minecraft. It's absolutely insane what this game has managed to accomplish. It's clear now why so many developers decided to port over games to the current generation from 7th gen hardware after seeing the numbers GTA V put up doing so. Now let's see how Red Dead Redemption 2 will fare.

Are you surprised by these numbers or were they expected? Do you think RDR2 can come close to 100 million as well?

Spiritual Mask Salesman

CHIMer Dragonborn
Staff member
Comm. Coordinator
Site Staff
https://www.gamerevolution.com/news/454483-grand-theft-auto-v-sold-100-million-units

GTA V has now sold over 100 million copies.

It's the third game to do so in history after Tetris and Minecraft. It's absolutely insane what this game has managed to accomplish. It's clear now why so many developers decided to port over games to the current generation from 7th gen hardware after seeing the numbers GTA V put up doing so. Now let's see how Red Dead Redemption 2 will fare.

Are you surprised by these numbers or were they expected? Do you think RDR2 can come close to 100 million as well?
Yeah it is kind of surprising, but not too much. As for RDR2, no, if it comes close to 100 million that'd be truly surprising.

Princess Niki

Allons-y
Staff member
Since it's that popular I wonder if it will ever find it's way to the Switch, not saying it should just wondering if it will.

Jimmu

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
I've actually not ever played this before but I know it is extremely popular. I'll have to get around to giving it a shot eventually, I did spend quite a few hours playing through Vice City and Liberty City when I was younger.

YIGAhim

Sole Survivor
I get the feeling RDR2 won't get that close. However, It is doing very well, and that's all that matters

Dio

~ It's me, Dio!~
I have played it. It seemed like a good and well made game but the world was too vast and too distracting to finish the main story and therefore I didn't end up doing so. I just ended up robbing and murdering people and trying to kill as many cops as possible before getting killed myself.

I prefer Saints Row as the plotlines and weapons are much more crazy. And it is even more fun killing people with a dubstep canon than just regular guns like in GTA.

I have played it. It seemed like a good and well made game but the world was too vast and too distracting to finish the main story and therefore I didn't end up doing so. I just ended up robbing and murdering people and trying to kill as many cops as possible before getting killed myself.

I prefer Saints Row as the plotlines and weapons are much more crazy. And it is even more fun killing people with a dubstep canon than just regular guns like in GTA.

Saints Row 4 with the super powers was lots of fun.

Reactions: Dio

Jirohnagi

Braava Braava
GTAV single play is great fun but sadly theres not alot of content and you're kinda capped on cash if you aren't good at investment (And even then that can change via online in one stock market) and online is the biggest cash sink going, you either spend 6 hours grinding a 100k or you spend money, the ingame costs are ridiculously inflated thanks to modders cheating in cash that any casual player really can't keep up

No, I've played both and they're extremely good games. RDR2 and GTAV are basically really good movies you can play, and then there's the online aspect. In my opinion GTAV and RDR2 set the standard for good open-world games, every dollar rockstar makes is well deserved.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom