• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

One trait you have that comes from your parents

Do you habe a trait or manerism or something you like that is a product of how you were raised as a child? Or maybe it's something you like that you only like now because you were subjected to a lot of it as a child.

I'll start and give my answer.

I like a much wider variety of music than my parents ever did. However of this, I tend to, in most casers like the slower or mellow songs. That's directly from my parents who liked the more mellow songs and that's what I had to listen to a lot as a child, as my parents played that a lot.

I still like the heavier songs, and I'll gladly listen to them, however I just seem to resonate with the more mellow ones more.

Castle

Ch!ld0fV!si0n
Pan-decepticon-transdeliberate-selfidentifying-sodiumbased-extraexistential-temporal anomaly
Genetically, really really poor eyesight. Between my grandparents, uncles and both parents having the worst eyesight out of their respective families I never stood a chance.

Habitually, fiscal responsibility. It is truly a wonder. It is what has allowed me to live comfortably below the poverty line. Of course I also have no interest in marriage or kids so that helps.

They also passed their musical tastes down to me. I didn't get my father's love of classical, but I got my love of classic rock from them both.

Reactions: Dan

NintendoCN

Team Captain
Something from my parents? Well my dad was lazy but talented in high school, and I was also lazy but talented in high school as well, although in different things. Otherwise I guess my love of 80's music comes from them.

Mellow Ezlo

Spoony Bard
I definitely get my work ethic from my dad. When he's working, he doesn't just leave when his shift is over, he leaves when all his tasks are done. I'm the same way. I routinely work between 1 and 3 hours of overtime because i always make sure I stay late to ensure everything is done and the other guys won't be screwed, and I work and sometimes 7 days a week for the good of the company. I often overwork myself and get stressed out just as he does. We're very similar on that front.

I also got my lewd sense of humour from him. I understand every joke he makes, and often give him one back. My stepmom always says the apple doesnt fall far from the tree.

I get my taste in music from both of my parents, although that's more just because I was always exposed to it as a kid. Whenever I listen to the 80s or even the 70s, I get really nostalgic because that was my childhood.

Dan

Thankfully nothing from my mother. When it comes to my Father I inherited his laid back nature.

LegendOfMeesh

You Are The Light
My dad absolutely loves all animals (especially cats) and that’s me in a nutshell! I even love snakes, I’m obsessed with frogs, etc.. My dad is also a procrastinator which I’m very bad about too. We also bond a lot over music, we like a lot of the same stuff and he’s definitely inspired part of my music taste.

I get the worrywart trait from my mom, she worries about everything and that’s me too.

As for physical traits, I really don’t look like either one of my parents..

Dan

My dad absolutely loves all animals (especially cats) and that’s me in a nutshell! I even love snakes, I’m obsessed with frogs, etc.. My dad is also a procrastinator which I’m very bad about too. We also bond a lot over music, we like a lot of the same stuff and he’s definitely inspired part of my music taste.

I get the worrywart trait from my mom, she worries about everything and that’s me too.

As for physical traits, I really don’t look like either one of my parents..

Are you a vegetarian or vegan?

funnier6

Courage~
My whole family has pretty short tempers especially around each other and I’m pretty sure I acquired that, though I’m definitely the most patient one these days.

It seems like everyone inherited a love of 80’s music from their parents and that goes for me too. They always had the same radio station playing and I still like to listen to it. I also inherited my money skills from my dad who is a total cheapskate. I’m not quite that extreme but if it’s not necessary I don’t spend money on it and am always looking for ways to be more efficient.

Dio

~ It's me, Dio!~
My dad is 6ft 2 and I am 6ft 3 so I could say I got height from him but you probably wouldn't guess he was my father standing next to me. I don't resemble either of my parents in the face or body department apart from the height.

I have similar mannerisms and speak like my Grandmother used to as I spent a lot of time with her as a young child and that has remained with me. I also inherited stubbornness from my father but I am more extreme. I find it hard to think of anything I inherited from my mother as she is the opposite of me in many ways.

YIGAhim

Sole Survivor
Honestly I can't think of much except my mom's side is cursed with freckles and so am I...

I think I got my overwhelming laziness from myself.

The tree from my dad is leaving me with practically guaranteed alzheimers

Usurper King Zant

King of Twilight
Work ethics from my dad, and I'd have to say DIY from my mom.

As my dad was working abroad and my mom was housewife, she had to be resourceful and innovative when fixing/making something.

Another thing I got from my folks was a total lack of expertise with anything that can be bought from a hardware store. Need something fixed? Need to use a drill or hammer or other power tool? I can't do it. Don't know how. Never learnt how.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom