• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

The Nintendo Direct News And Discussion Thread

Kirby's Epic Yarn (since I never got around to playing it on the Wii), Luigi's Mansion 3, Town, and Mega Man 11.

Krazy4Krash

Staff member
This direct didn't really appeal to me personally, but that's okay. There was just heaps and heaps of games that I'm not particularly interested in, or probably won't commit to buying. I think Smash will be the only game I buy for the rest of the year. I'll be paying for Nintendo Switch Online just so I can continue playing Splatoon 2, although I'm ridiculously annoyed I won't be able to back up my save because I've put in over 1600 hours in to the game. They're wrapping up new content by the end of the year (with Splatfests continuing until July) presumably so the development team can move on to Animal Crossing. Regarding Isabelle in Smash, I don't have any objections.

hCslV93.jpg

The final Smash Direct.

Hmm...

With two rumoured Directs I figured the other would have come first and Smash would have dropped after Let's Go since they probably wanna push that.

But this means we'll have over a month after this Direct until Smash and another Direct after it.

Just doesn't line up... but hey, I guess they know what they're doing.

(I was hoping the general Direct came first with a port of Automata so that Smash could have 2B join the roster... nevermind.)

Hyrulian Hero

Zelda Informer Codger
And then I saw the piranha plant. And I was all, "huh?". And then Mario got bit. And I was all, "wha...?". And then piranha plant pipes up. And I was all, "WAAAГГГ!!! (sit back and seethe, my violet villain)". And then they showed piranha plant in green and I started panting in glossolalia, "show me a deku baba, show me a deku baba, show me a deku baba!!!!!"

And then they didn't. But I mean, please Big N, alternate costume, not difficult, do me this one solid. Please give me deku baba.

Last edited:

Ronin

There you are! You monsters!
Forum Volunteer
Keep your ears to the ground but your hopes low: There's a second Direct rumored to be coming out on the 8th detailing releases for next year (and maybe a few other surprises). While I personally think that having it a week after the final Smash Direct is too soon, it'd be nice to have something to look forward to in Q1 2019 since the first few months are rather dry. Nevertheless, Nintendo could very well end up saving announcements for the Game Awards (even though one of the top dogs told investors that there'd be no more announcements this year).

• Nintendo usually does an announcement at the game awards.
  • Nintendo said there'd be no new announcements for 2018. The game line up for this year is set.
  • Nintendo did not say anything about releasing information about 2019 and beyond. However Nintendo have said that E3 2017 was an anomoly and they overall don't like releasing announcing too much info about games that are still eyar out from release.
  • After the recent Smash Bros Ultimate direct, I don't think that game will get any more directs.
  • I do think Game Freak might do a Lets Go focused Direct. It's certainly possible.

Direct rumored to be coming out on the 8th
That didn't happen.

Ronin

There you are! You monsters!
Forum Volunteer
That didn't happen.
Clearly it didn't. I don't see the point in the curt reply aside from stating the obvious, but you aren't the only cowpoke who gets to spread news around here even if it was speculation, rumors, etc. I'm not a Nintendo insider. That aside, Nintendo told investors that they didn't have anymore announcements, so if there was a second Direct then it'd probably center around third-party releases/ports (namely Panic Button's unannounced projects).

Clearly it didn't. I don't see the point in the curt
The point was so everyone knows it didn't. I'm very glad everyone shares rumours here. The more rumours we have the better. We just need to let everyone know the outcome of each rumour, if they are true or fake. There's nothing wrong with saying a rumour ended up being fake. That doesn't and shouldn't stop anyone from sharing rumours up.

To the rest of your message, I agree 100%. However it does make me think. Nintendo saying they ahve no more announcements, but then there's the game awards. Nintendo usually has something to announce there. Will Nintendo still do that this year? Who knows.

As said elsewhere on the forums earlier.

The rumours were true.

An all-new #NintendoDirect is almost here! Tune in at 10pm (UK time) on Wednesday, 13/02 for roughly 35 minutes of information on upcoming #NintendoSwitch titles, including new details on #FireEmblem: Three Houses.

o7krgPQ.jpg

Tune in 2/13 at 2pm PT for a Nintendo Direct featuring around 35 minutes of information on upcoming #NintendoSwitch titles, including new details on #FireEmblem Three Houses!

uKALPGE.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom