• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Which Guardians are scarier?

In Skyward Sword we have the Guardians of the Silent Realm which will never stop chasing you and can't be killed.

In Breath of the Wild we have the Sheikah Guardians, corrupted minions of Calamity Ganon with death lasers.

But which are scarier?

Which Guardian truly fits the title of Guardian?

Jirohnagi

Braava Braava
None of them are overly scary, mostly cuz they look like overturned flowerpots sitting on soil. Out of them the most guardiany guardian is skywatcher that thing is annoying to kill and can hit you in the air.

Vanessa28

Angel of Darkness
Staff member
ZD Legend
Administrator
I would say SS guardians because when they hit you it's exit silent realml and restart. The Guardians in BotW can be fought. SS guardians can't. The realms were the only thing I liked in SS.

Night Owl

~Momentai
That depends. Which is scarier, A man with the strength of a tank, power of a nuke, and speed of a hedgehog; or a tank with the strength and power of a man?

SS silent realm Guardians are probably the scariest thing in Zelda just because they are unkillable and will one-shot you. Plus the intense music of the silent realm adds to the anxiety of the silent realm segment.

BoTW guardians look intimidating; but once you learn their secrets, you find that they are just glorified octoroks and are just as easy to kill.

LegendOfMeesh

You Are The Light
The SS Guardians, paired with the music that plays in the Silent Realm, are the scariest in my opinion. Whenever I get in the rare mood to play SS, I dread those parts of the game the most because of how anxiety-inducing the whole thing is. BOTW guardians don’t bother me as I’ve learned some easy ways to kill them.

Doc

BoDoc Horseman
In concept, SS Guardians. They're cooler looking design wise and are closer to being sentient beings. There's also the hopelessness the player feels when being chased by them because you can't fight back and one hit will kill you. It is stressful when you run out of time or awaken them.

However, that doesn't happen very often in SS. In my experience, the tears were never hard to find or spaced out far enough that I was in danger of running out of time. I think I awakened the guardians twice or three times my first play through.

You know what happened a lot in BotW? Got absolutely annihilated by a Guardian. They're a bigger threat in BotW, and are terrifying at the start of the game when you aren't able to defend against them. I also think that, unlike SS Guardians, the ability to hide from BotW Guardians makes them a little scarier. You know how to get rid of SS Guardians, get another tear. But BotW guardians, if you aren't strong enough, you have to hope you can run or hide behind some ruined building.

The SS ones, by far. The stupid motion blurring obscures them and without proper camera controls, it's really had to know where they are and what you're running from. And you can't kill them so it's just a really nervewracking experience if you're unlucky enough to have woken the guardians.

In Skyward Sword, many people disliked the guardians, I thought those levels were actually really fun. They're not scary, but they're startling, and the music is super intense. It definitely made my heart jump or beat really fast trying to get another tear.

Breath of the Wild Guardians are way more intimidating. I never had trouble planning my routes in SS so I was always just a few moments away from putting them to sleep again. BotW Guardians could really be dangerous if they managed to catch you in a bad spot. At least, before you're hundreds of hours into the game and know every little trick for dealing with them...

Dio

~ It's me, Dio!~
Skyward Swords guardians were by far the more scary adversary. That industrial theme and the fact that they were unstoppable and unkillable made my heart race. Those sections were panic inducing and one of the things I thought SS did well. Guardians in BoTW however were not particularly scary, they were pretty easy to avoid and definitely killable. More an annoyance than anything.

YIGAhim

Sole Survivor
In Skyward Sword we have the Guardians of the Silent Realm which will never stop chasing you and can't be killed.

In Breath of the Wild we have the Sheikah Guardians, corrupted minions of Calamity Ganon with death lasers.

But which are scarier?

Which Guardian truly fits the title of Guardian?
hands down the SS guardians. THe pressure was on, for sure. However, I don't recall ever failing in the silent realm

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom