• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

The Legend of Zelda SP (NES online)

For those who are subscribed to the NIntendo online service and have the NES collection of games, Nintendo have added a new version of the original Legend of Zelda.

Known as the SP version, this game seems to give you all the items in the game from the start anf enough ruppees to survive the fight with Ganon.

Completing it also opens up a second quest.

Have you played this version before?
Are you excited to see a new version of a classic game?

(Maybe I can beat it now).

Last edited:

YIGAhim

Sole Survivor
That's neat. However, I most likely wont do that unless I really am wanting to fight Ganon without the work.

I have not played it, but may give it a look

Have you playrd this version before?
Yes. I played it on the original NES decades ago.

The story goes that not all the space was used to make Zelda 1. They had quite a few Kilobytes lett over so they thought hey why not add in more content. They didn't have enough space for a whole new game but a 2nd quest with reused assets (and a few new 2nd Quest specific ones) fit in. This good error allowed 2nd quest to be a thing.

*Fun Fact*
If you call your save file ZELDA att he start of the game you start in 2nd quest. Also the first 5 dungeons in 2nd Quest spell out ZELDA but not in order though. As in their maps.

*Fun Fact 2*
The standard and Master Quest map in Hyrule Warriors are exactly the same as 1st Quest and 2nd Quest in the original Zelda 1. The same right down to exactly where the secrets are and how you access them on the map.

The SP version is basically a rom hack. A game genie can do the same things. I've played it on the Switch though, it's fun. I'm sure the speed running community will like it too.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom