• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Breath of the Wild How did you feel when you first saw BotW?

Most of us saw Breath of the Wild for the first time in at E3 in 2014.

When Aonuma snaps his fingers and reveals our first look at BotW it was almost too much for me to take in.
The view was amazing, the distance was incredible and Link looked awesome.
The Guardian was terrifying and it made my mind race with the possibilities Botw could bring to us.

Regardless of how the game turned out, how did you feel in 2014 seeing the game for the first time?

Last edited:

Dio

~ It's me, Dio!~
I liked the look of the game back then. I was excited by the ancient looking statues and Lazer Beamos along with the technological arrow. Only thing I didn't like was Links girlish features.

DarkestLink

Darkest of all Dark Links
Hated Link's design, didn't like the return to the sci-fi themes of SS, but it did look exciting.

LegendOfMeesh

You Are The Light
When I played for the first time, exited the Shrine of Resurrection, and saw the expansive world of Hyrule in front of me... I was BREATHless :right:

Really, it was gorgeous and a bit intimidating.

I just thought it looked absolutely gorgeous and I was totally sure I wanted to go to there. I was also excited at the prospect of deadly and dangerous enemies. I feel like the game delivered on both of those visual promises.

Zachie

Moo
I was extremely excited. I played it for 3 days straight on release, and I played it enough to get all the shrines and some other stuff but haven't played it since tbh.

Vanessa28

Angel of Darkness
Staff member
ZD Legend
Administrator
Oh I was totally in love with the game and hooked. I loved everything and wanted to explore everything. So I delayed all then tasks and started to play nonstop for hours and hours every single day I was off.

Unpopular opinion, but I wasn't phased at first, but then became disappointed. I can see why people like BoTW, but it reminded me too much of Skyward Sword, it isn't my idea of an amazing Zelda game. It's kinda like the 2D games, I can see the appeal, but it's not for me.

DarkestLink

Darkest of all Dark Links
Unpopular opinion, but I wasn't phased at first, but then became disappointed. I can see why people like BoTW, but it reminded me too much of Skyward Sword, it isn't my idea of an amazing Zelda game. It's kinda like the 2D games, I can see the appeal, but it's not for me.

I have to disagree. Play any 2D game before the DS titles and one of the first things you'll notice is how different the overworld is from the 3D games. The 3D overworlds are open, barren, and rarely challenge you. The 2D overworlds box you in, constantly pit you against enemies and (post-OoT) include puzzles as well. The only difference between the overworld and dungeon in 2D games is the lack of Dungeon formula as well as the inclusion of towns (post-LoZ). The only 3D game that tried to mimic this was Skyward Sword and it only did it halfway with the surface.

Jirohnagi

Braava Braava
When i first saw BOTW i did think it'd be an excellent game full of potential, it was lauded to have the largest overworld to date and so i thought it'd have things to fill it........alas the truth was it was filled with magic tree turds

mαrkαsscoρ

Mr. SidleInYourDMs
ZD Champion
> 2 0 1 5
I was a tad disappointed seeing the giant laser shooting mechanical enemy and links tricked out futuristic bow, I'm much more keen on the medieval aspects of zelda, not so much the sci fi stuff, but it still looked pretty good regardless

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom