• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Breath of the Wild BOTW Weapon Appreciation

Jirohnagi

Braava Braava
I think we need one of these. What weapon in BOTW did you enjoy playing around with the most?

For me it's the ice rod or really any ice weapons so much fun just freezing enemies ^^ for Firey lizalfos it's even a one shot kill :P

2nd place comes the electric weapons namely the Shock Arrow, is there nothing so nice and creating an electric field to murder a camp of bokoblins in the rain?

How haven't we had this thread before... nice.

I like Mipha's spear because it looks awesome and spinning it on horseback makes me feel clever.

I like the Master Sword's beam too.

The rods are OP as hell if you're careful with them.

The rest. Meh.

Jirohnagi

Braava Braava
How haven't we had this thread before... nice.

I like Mipha's spear because it looks awesome and spinning it on horseback makes me feel clever.

I like the Master Sword's beam too.

The rods are OP as hell if you're careful with them.

The rest. Meh.

What do you mean "careful" surely the point of the rods is run around slinging deadly elemental forces left right n center?

Also i like the spears just for the fact you can throw em from horseback. Same with boomerangs but they just come back.

What do you mean "careful" surely the point of the rods is run around slinging deadly elemental forces left right n center?

Also i like the spears just for the fact you can throw em from horseback. Same with boomerangs but they just come back.

I rarely use the rods but the few times I have I forgot they were just sticks so I hit an enemy with it in close quarters as if it were a sword and snapped it instantly.

I never fight from a distance so rods are pointless for me.

Doc

BoDoc Horseman
Lynel weapons. They're just cool aesthetically, and it helps that they are some of the strongest weapons in the game. They're reliability is also nice. You always know when and where you can find some.

Electric arrows are also pretty dope. Once I realized water creates that field of electricity and the Rubber Armor is immune to those fields, I had a lot of fun in the road to Zora's Domain.

Jirohnagi

Braava Braava
I rarely use the rods but the few times I have I forgot they were just sticks so I hit an enemy with it in close quarters as if it were a sword and snapped it instantly.

I never fight from a distance so rods are pointless for me.

Always worth fighting from a distance though :P if for no other reason so you can murder a camp of bokos in their sleep.

But yeah i've lost a few rods doing that, just swinging them at an enemy for no real reason.

Alita the Pun

Dmitri
I really like the giant boomerang, and really any boomerang in general. it was just a lot of fun to get the hard reads and get the enemies on the return swing.

Vanessa28

Angel of Darkness
Staff member
ZD Legend
Administrator
Lynel weapons, Royal sword (not the two handed ones), spears and guardian weapons. I hardly use the Master Sword at all. I love the range of the spear but I prefer swords. I love to slice through the enemies.

Vanessa28

Angel of Darkness
Staff member
ZD Legend
Administrator
Is it me or is the Master Sword completely crap? I've never seen anyone keep it as a primary weapon for fighting anything but calamity ganibs.
The main reason is that it doesn't do as much damage as you expect it to do. Only after the trials when it's fully activated it deals more damage. And the fact it's not durable. And many people already found other weapons they like more, I guess.

Jirohnagi

Braava Braava
The main reason is that it doesn't do as much damage as you expect it to do. Only after the trials when it's fully activated it deals more damage. And the fact it's not durable. And many people already found other weapons they like more, I guess.

Even fully upgraded it's kinda crap, for a weapon of evils bane i'd expect it to have at least 80 damage and more realistcally far more, what with it being able to slay evil.

Plus y'know everyone loves them rods

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom