• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

More forests?

Jirohnagi

Braava Braava
Should there be more forests/wooded areas/dells? in Hyrule? It feels like we only see a few actual forested sections and the rest of the time it's just a sprinkling of trees.

I really want more trees in hyrule especially big ones it'd be awesome to climb to the top of a forest canopy and just glide from there.

After BotW.... no.

Do you know how many trees i've climbed looking for Koroks... do you know how many trees are in that game?! Lots!!

And BotW's Lost Woods managed to be the most annoying one.

No more forests than is necessary.

Yes, more forests! I loved all the ones in Breath of the Wild. It always got me excited to see a new belt of trees. I loved that they all had names, too. They were lots of fun to explore, and they also made fights interesting as you could use them as cover or sneak through them. I still remember coaxing Guardians into the trees only to hide behind them and planting bombs underneath them to flip them over, or sending Stasised logs flying at them. Plus I love the atmosphere of them, I am very much a forest person.

Vanessa28

Angel of Darkness
Staff member
ZD Legend
Administrator
Oh yes, I love forests! I hope they include more in future games. Of course, the whole game shouldn't be about forests alone but they definitely should be included and hopefully with some mysterious Temple in the middle. So yeah MORE trees to climb and explore :D

I think they should make more forest/wooded areas for a smoother transition from a heavily wooded area to say, Hyrule field. All the games do that transition, Ocarina did the tunnel to Kokiri forest, but it felt kind of blunt. This goes for all the other areas, the smoothest transition to a heavily "seasonal" area is to death mountain because Kakariko Village makes that easier to accomplish. I love forests irl, so it'd be nice.

YIGAhim

Sole Survivor
We need more variety in forests, meaning one or two more actual forests, but the amount of "common" forests needs to decrease. We need "forest" types (more like wooded area types), like Jungles and stuff

Hyrulian Hero

Zelda Informer Codger
So you guys even remember how pants-poopingly awesome the first Twilight Princess trailer was? That's the kind of forest I was expecting in Twilight Princess. Thank God we didn't get that since it really just looked like a couple of trees copy and pasted over and over again, but I was still expecting fully explorable forests within the overworld in TP. I say yes to more forests. I've got to say though, the Lost Woods needs to be represented as its own thing since it's a staple in Zelda. Even BotW set it apart and it was a good choice.

Last edited:

Castle

Ch!ld0fV!si0n
Pan-decepticon-transdeliberate-selfidentifying-sodiumbased-extraexistential-temporal anomaly
There should be a larger forest in Twilight Princess that's for sure. By some indications there was going to be...

Do you know how many trees i've climbed looking for Koroks... do you know how many trees are in that game?! Lots!!
There's an easy solution... get rid of the Koroks. :dry:

I believe I remember the original game mentioning "forests, fields, and mountains..." Okay. Well, it would kinda stand to reason that if this is going to be a series about open world exploration in a fantasy kingdom then perhaps there should be... I dunno? More of that maybe?

Forests offer so many opportunities to discover! Forest are distant places, shrouded places, that conceal any and all wonders within their boughs. Miamoto should know, given that the first game was inspired by his adventures in the woods as a child.

Last edited:
I'd like a big forest with massive trees, a forest that dims the lights so everything seems still and quiet. Most of the "forests" in BotW were really more copses than forests.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom