• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Smash Bros Smash Bros Ultimate

Threads relating to the Super Smash Bros series.
Rough overview of the Direct.

• New Characters
    Ken - Echo
    Incineroar

• New Amiibo

• Spirits - Primary and support

• Spirit Battles
    Attack/Grab/Shield triangle
    Enhanced form

• Final Smash Meter

• Global Smash Power

• Elite Smash

• Smash Tags

• Taunt Messages

• Background matchmaking

• Spectator mode

• Battle Arena

• Connectivity with the online phone app

• Assist Trophies

• Help mode

• Century Smash

• All Star Mode

• Cruel Smash

• Replays

• Tips

• Challenges

• Records Menu

• Shop

• Options

• Mii Fighter customisations - new custumes

• DLC - characters - 5 fighter packs
    5 pack purchase option available too.

• Early Purchase Bonus
    Piranha Plant Character + amiibo

• Adventure Mode

On that day when the sky fell awaaay... search your soul and re-awake in the undying liiii- What?! No, I wasn't singing...

I'll do this point for point;

-Ken and Incineroar, don't care.
-Spirit sticker stuff, don't care.
-Online stuff, don't care.
-Amiibo, I'll probably pick up Ridley.
-Other modes, I'll give them all a go.

-World of Light, I hope it ends up being good.

-DLC, I know what I want for Xmas.

yTxCol3.jpg

ouZAWjH.jpg

RuLIwDF.jpg

Ninja

Well well well
Is that the same singer that sings most of the FF13 music? It’s a gorgeous voice, makes me excited for the new adventure mode.

I’m pretty bummed about Ken and Incineroar, wasn’t impressed at all, thank goodness we’re getting the DLC.

Fighters Pass is a no brainer.

Zeldas voice was a much better version than her BotW counterpart.

Piranha Plant is pretty lulzy.

Hero of Pizza Time

Pizza Parker
I'm extremely ecstatic to know that story mode is coming back - well I mean we all knew that it was coming back once a special new mode was announced - but it looks like it will actually have an overworld and minigames, which is pretty awesome! :lemmy::lemmy::lemmy:

If I have one disappointment, it would be that the story is going to basically be centered around Kirby. There's nothing wrong with Kirby, but how about some other characters get some time in the spotlight? How about Link, or Simon, or Fox, or most desirably, a supporting character?

HeroOfTime

Challenger Approaching!
Well. That was... Something...

Ken and Incineroar are meh. I certainly would've preferred a newcomer who was actually exciting, and we seriously don't need more Pokemon.

Spirits. Wait, they're removing trophies?! So, sickers from brawl and badges from Smash 4? Well, that's a disgustingly terrible disappointment, especially considering the hype everyone put up for it. And they put up a whole icon for it on the main menu? Well, that's a huge amount of content that I'll never use. And I'm really going to miss trophies.

Online matches. Ah, they finally did the bare minimum and made a ranking system. The "find matches based on rules" thing is okay I guess, but it makes me nervous that I'll end up stuck playing with rules similar to, but not exactly what I chose. They weren't really clear about it. OH FOR THE LOVE OF EVERYTHING THAT IS GOOD AND HOLY PLEASE STOP TRYING TO PUSH YOUR APP!!

Assist trophies. Nothing to complain about here. I probably won't use these very much, but it's nice to see some of these "leaks" shut down by seeing some of these.

DLC confirmed. Well duh. At least that means there's hope for skull kid, Geno, and some of the others.

P...Piranha Plant? Y-You're kidding right? What kind of crack are you on, Sakurai? Well, that's actually depressing.

Adventure mode. NO WAY!!! THEY CONFIRMED WHAT I DIDN'T DARE HOPE FOR!!! Woah, everyone just died? I can't wait to see what kind of story this is leading up to!! That song sounds amazing but I kind of preferred how Brawl's theme was in a different language, but still hyped!! But...wait...no...what is that map? No, this adventure mode is just Smash tour 2.0? I...I just died inside. Please tell me you're kidding right? PLEASE?!

Well, that direct was a terrible rollercoaster of disappoinment. And I see they still haven't fixed that weird graphics thing, the characters still look washed-out look to their textures.

I see no compelling reason to buy this game anymore, and that crushes me inside. I was holding out hope this whole time that something good would come if this, but...

YIGAhim

Sole Survivor
Well. That was... Something...

Ken and Incineroar are meh. I certainly would've preferred a newcomer who was actually exciting, and we seriously don't need more Pokemon.

Spirits. Wait, they're removing trophies?! So, sickers from brawl and badges from Smash 4? Well, that's a disgustingly terrible disappointment, especially considering the hype everyone put up for it. And they put up a whole icon for it on the main menu? Well, that's a huge amount of content that I'll never use. And I'm really going to miss trophies.

Online matches. Ah, they finally did the bare minimum and made a ranking system. The "find matches based on rules" thing is okay I guess, but it makes me nervous that I'll end up stuck playing with rules similar to, but not exactly what I chose. They weren't really clear about it. OH FOR THE LOVE OF EVERYTHING THAT IS GOOD AND HOLY PLEASE STOP TRYING TO PUSH YOUR APP!!

Assist trophies. Nothing to complain about here. I probably won't use these very much, but it's nice to see some of these "leaks" shut down by seeing some of these.

DLC confirmed. Well duh. At least that means there's hope for skull kid, Geno, and some of the others.

P...Piranha Plant? Y-You're kidding right? What kind of crack are you on, Sakurai? Well, that's actually depressing.

Adventure mode. NO WAY!!! THEY CONFIRMED WHAT I DIDN'T DARE HOPE FOR!!! Woah, everyone just died? I can't wait to see what kind of story this is leading up to!! That song sounds amazing but I kind of preferred how Brawl's theme was in a different language, but still hyped!! But...wait...no...what is that map? No, this adventure mode is just Smash tour 2.0? I...I just died inside. Please tell me you're kidding right? PLEASE?!

Well, that direct was a terrible rollercoaster of disappoinment. And I see they still haven't fixed that weird graphics thing, the characters still look washed-out look to their textures.

I see no compelling reason to buy this game anymore, and that crushes me inside. I was holding out hope this whole time that something good would come if this, but...
Buy it for the smashing! THat's still the same

HeroOfTime

Challenger Approaching!
Buy it for the smashing! THat's still the same

I dunno. Every other Smash game, even Smash 4 had something amazing that stood out to me, this one had nothing that looks exceptional to me, everything was meh at best, offensive at worst. I see no reason to buy it, if I want to Smash, I'll play smash 4.

DekuNut

I play my drum for you
Just because WoL has a similar map to Smash Tour doesnt mean its similar. Smash Tour was a board game. This is more like a series of events as far as I can tell. At the very least we know it isnt a multiplayer focused experience like Smash Tour was.

YIGAhim

Sole Survivor
I dunno. Every other Smash game, even Smash 4 had something amazing that stood out to me, this one had nothing that looks exceptional to me, everything was meh at best, offensive at worst. I see no reason to buy it, if I want to Smash, I'll play smash 4.
Also I bet you that you will start to unlock characters super quick so it isn't Kirby focused, and even like that, I feel like this will be not at all like a stupid Smash Tour

I felt the same way with Smash 4. Nothing exceptional there. I played Smash 4 and my suspicions were confirmed.
Personally so far SSBU looks way better than SSB4. SSB4 is the only SSB game I didn't get more than 40 hours in.

Azure Sage

March onward forever...
Staff member
ZD Legend
Comm. Coordinator
Now that I’ve rewatched the direct and was able to pay closer attention, everything is seeming better than my initial reaction yesterday.

Ken I don’t really care about but I’m not mad. Incineroar is cool and fits in with Smash even if I would’ve preferred Decidueye.

Spirits look awesome. They look complex to develop and have a lot of depth to them. The spirit battles look really unique and fun.

I like the new online mode stuff. The dlc seems promising. And Pihrana Plant is great in a ridiculous way. It fits right in with the chaotic nature of Smash battles and I love it. Can’t even be mad about it.

I already said this, but World of Light looks amazing and I’m totally stoked to explore it. Every Smash direct was amazing and brought some fantastic new things to the table. This one was no exception. “Ultimate” is the straight up truth.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom