• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Smash Bros Smash Bros Ultimate

Threads relating to the Super Smash Bros series.
I mean characters that are explicitly referred to as bosses by the game itself. As stated in the previous Smash direct. None of the fighters are called bosses.
Obviously. You are not wrong there. But I am sure you get what I was saying above.

You know the saying, a rose by any other name is still just as sweet.

Rumour of information about Smash Bros Ultimate. Of cause only read it if you're ok with knowing before December.

The source is someone from a promotional comany that does work from Bandi Namco. The source leaked images of the SSBU work he's been doing in an online chat and yeah soemone in that chat shared it to 4chan and the rest is history.

New Echo Fighters
Ken
Shadow Hedgehog

New Primary Fighters
Chorus Kids (from Rhythm Heaven)
Geno (From SM RPG)
Iassc (from Golden Sun)
Mach Rider (from old NES game of the same name)
Banju Kazooie

I don't know if it's legit. It's based of some leaked artwork. The fans are calling this 100% legit when it might not be. It's a rumour and always will be until officially confirmed or denied by Nintendo.

Tweets from Liam Robertson that indicate that this rumour might be fake.

"I have seen some evidence privately that contradicts the image, so I am pretty firm in my belief that this is not real. I will gladly accept that L if I'm wrong."
https://twitter.com/Doctor_Cupcakes/status/1055468089435975681

What I'm hearing now is that Eric Bricard (the artist who supposedly posted the Smash art) was contacted and denied having anything to do with this whole thing. So, it's looking like the person responsible has been impersonating him.
https://twitter.com/Doctor_Cupcakes/status/1055466524692103169

Here's my galaxy brain theory: this is a person who DID have access to Smash assets at his previous job and has used them to construct this elaborate fake.
https://twitter.com/Doctor_Cupcakes/status/1055135523503853570

Krazy4Krash

Staff member
I hope we get another Direct dedicated to Smash in November, partially so it can settle these rumours/leaks. Not particularly fussed if it's even true or not. We have already been told they will announce the full roster before the game releases, so the next five weeks are sure to be jam-packed full of goodness.

I also wouldn't mind doing that. I was going to run one this month for Wii U to prepare but idk yet
Bad idea I think. The WiiU game was a steaming pile of hot garbage. Best to start fresh with the Switch game so we can learn good habits for playing that.

Direct confirmed for Nov 1st. 40 mins. This is it bois
I did post that in the direct topic as well. So all good.

I think that was a pretty good Direct overall.

Anyone who believed the leak set themselves up for disappointment. But I only really wanted a Gen 7 Pokémon rep, so I am satisfied with Inceneroar and see Ken as a bonus. Piranha Plant as a bonus fighter later on is so weird. We needed that unexpected fighter for Ultimate, so I'm okay with that.

I don't like the removal of "For Fun" and "For Glory." That's cool there are Elite Matches for those who rank high enough, but I think the current system is a lot less cumbersome.

Spirits Mode was probably the biggest let down of the Direct with those stickers. From what I understand, that's not the Adventure Mode given what we saw at the end. It's just a lame custom battle.

Speaking of Adventure Mode, I'm happy we're supposedly getting exclusive cut scenes for the World of Light. Those maps look really good. I hope there is more than just battling, though.

Also, RIP Rex, Isaac, and Spring Man/Ribbon Girl for Smash. Maybe next time.

Azure Sage

March onward forever...
Staff member
ZD Legend
Comm. Coordinator
Spirits Mode was probably the biggest let down of the Direct with those stickers. From what I understand, that's not the Adventure Mode given what we saw at the end. It's just a lame custom battle.

Speaking of Adventure Mode, I'm happy we're supposedly getting exclusive cut scenes for the World of Light. Those maps look really good. I hope there is more than just battling, though..
Spirit Mode and World of Light are the same. We see them fighting the spirits they showed off earlier on the map.

Spirit Mode singlehandedly saved the direct for me. I was never concerned with newcomers, what I really wanted was an adventurous dedicated singleplayer mode and thats what it is. I'm very happy.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom