• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Dragon Quest XI story question *Spoilers*

Which version of the world do you prefer?

1. The world in Act 2 after you kill Mordagon and get the the ending screen of the game?

Or

2. The world in Act 3. The extended post game. It’s an alternate timeline where you actually win at the end of Act 1, Not lose like you initially did before.

For me, of cause gameplay wise you miss out on a whole story line if you stay in Act 2. However Act 3 story wise is a compromise. Many who died in Act 2 don’t die in Act 3. However those who stood up and proved themselves as leaders in Act 2 never get that chance in Act 3.

The canon could be either.
Playable character wise, you’ll have to accept that Serenica exists in Act 2. Veronica only exists as a separate person in Act 3.

I think I like Act 2 more. It shows how everyone triumphed over adversity. Act 3 is basically, let’s rewrite history and erase all the suffering. Sometimes suffering is required as the catalyst for great things to happen.

Castle

Ch!ld0fV!si0n
Pan-decepticon-transdeliberate-selfidentifying-sodiumbased-extraexistential-temporal anomaly
I don't like that sidequest progress is wiped out.

I don't like that sidequest progress is wiped out.
The game makes it very clear when you're going into the next act or phase of the game. The side quests are short and straightforward. I did all the side quests I could before I moved into the next act so I didn't have that issue of side quests I'd done but not yet handed in when I moved to the new act. it's not that big of a deal as you can still do them at anytime, once you can access that area of the map again.

Honestly I never came up with that issue and I am deep into the post game now - ie Act 3.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom