• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Games you're on the fence about buying

Hero of Pizza Time

Pizza Parker
Fortnite. I heard it was free and it's pretty popular but I'm just not sure if it's worth my time. The last popular online competitive multiplayer game I played when it was new was Overwatch. While I certaintly got some fun out of it, it's already kind of a thing of the past for me.

YIGAhim

Sole Survivor
Fortnite. I heard it was free and it's pretty popular but I'm just not sure if it's worth my time. The last popular online competitive multiplayer game I played when it was new was Overwatch. While I certaintly got some fun out of it, it's already kind of a thing of the past for me.
FOrtnite is free, so just get it. The battle pass is 100 percent cosmetic

Dizzi

magical internet cat....
ZD Legend
A couple earthlock and portal knights done the demo just cant decide whether to get them...

Yooka Laylee.

It looks like a fun throwback to the N64 era of 3D platformers, but after hearing some mixed reviews, I've decided to hold off on buying it for quite some time.
Yooka-Laylee is actually a very good game. The reviews don't paint a factual picture about the game at all. Most of them are biased hatred. I would say you're better to be thinknig about the game now as on launch it did have a few issues, just minor ones that needing polishing up. Now it's a great game, very much in the style of Banjo-Kazooie. If you like the BK style of games, I highly recommend Yooka Laylee.
Either you like the BK style of game or you don't. If you do, then you'll like Yooka-Laylee too.

I still dont know if I wanna get Octopath Traveler and Okami HD
If you like old school RPGs, Octopath Traveler is quite an amazing game. Just don't expect one long involved story. The game is 8 little stories that do not link in with each other at all. Maybe you might want to wait for a sale if you are not head over heels about this type of game.

For Okami, I've just ordered it on Switch. Import. I've heard so much about the game and all of it is glowing praise. I would recommend you watch this video so you know which is the best version of Okami to get. The answer is not as straight forward as you'd think. There's little in the way of spoilers here. Honestly you'd be more spoiled by reading the back of the game's box.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_L54LbYdzlU&frags=pl,wn
I chose to get the game based on the huge praise it's received. A risk, but an educated one.

Soul Calibur 6

The box art is terrible. It literally is turning people off the game. Myself included. Why in &^%$ would have those 2 there and ingnore all of the fan favourites from the series? Pandering to the Witcher fans to get more sales, that's all it is.
The actual game though, I do suck at these kinds of games. So I'll need an easy mode and not be forced to play on really hard difficulties to earn everything the game has to offer. I certainly will not be getting the game day 1. If it ever goes on sale I'll consider it. A shame as I was at one point considering this as a day 1 purchase. There's just too many unknowns and too much wrong with the marketing of this game for me to get it day 1 anymore.

Soul Calibur 6

The box art is terrible. It literally is turning people off the game. Myself included. Why in &^%$ would have those 2 there and ingnore all of the fan favourites from the series? Pandering to the Witcher fans to get more sales, that's all it is.
The actual game though, I do suck at these kinds of games. So I'll need an easy mode and not be forced to play on really hard difficulties to earn everything the game has to offer. I certainly will not be getting the game day 1. If it ever goes on sale I'll consider it. A shame as I was at one point considering this as a day 1 purchase. There's just too many unknowns and too much wrong with the marketing of this game for me to get it day 1 anymore.

At least the advertising for 6 isnt as tragic as 5's was.

SC games usually whore out the guest character for sales and Mitsurugi was originally designed to be the main character of the series but it didnt work out, though he has ended up on most of the covers regardless. With SC6 being a soft reboot i guess this is more of a reference than anything else.

That said I don't like the box art either. Im not a fan of Geralt or Mitsurugi.

SC games can be unbalanced as all hell and from what I've heard some characters are pretty OP right now which will probably have to hit with nerfs through updates.

Wait a year and see if they do a GoTY version with the season pass content at a lower price.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom