• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Your Zelda Universe experience.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hero of Pizza Time

Pizza Parker
Hello ZD,

And while I'm at it, thank you ZD! Since day one I have felt welcome here and all of you have been so nice. It really lifts my spirit to see such a friendly community. I have certainly had a better experience on this forum than the last forum I was at.

That forum is Zelda Universe. I don't want to go on a rant about this but I would personally like to share why I didn't enjoy my short time there. I started my short time there by replying to a year old thread discussing which version of Ocarina of Time was the best, but the thread was a year old and apparently you aren't supposed to reply to old threads I guess? I didn't know because I didn't want to make a new thread that would just be the same as a preexisting thread (which I was told not to do on another forum). But the moderator was very rude. They said that I was "infesting" the thread before locking it (why couldn't they just lock it without insulting one of their new users?). So then I went to the "serious discussion" category and I wanted to read some of the posts before posting myself. After reading a handful of "serious discussion" posts, I concluded that most of them had a clear bias and were not very formal (even sometimes swearing or insulting people/groups). So I made my first and only thread and it wasn't really that good. It wasn't very formal and I overlooked how it might seem like it was offensive to certain people. I'm not going to pretend I'm completely innocent because my posts were complete trash that were biased and came off as angry. However, it's not like the moderators and users who replied to me were that much better. This post is getting long so I will just put a link to my profile, but please understand that I understand I was being stupid and I will never do this sort of stuff again, I'm just shocked at the way the moderators handled it. https://zeldauniverse.net/forums/User/5419648-Hero-of-DINNER/

So anyway, did any of you have a similar experience at Zelda Universe? Or did you actually have a good time over there?

Shroom

The Artist Formally Known as Deku Shroom™
They're pretty immature and show a clear bias and only keep around a couple outspoken members of the opposing side so they can circle jerk against them. If you're a member of a certain group, you get some favoritism and can get away with most things. Wouldn't recommend, 0/5

Spiritual Mask Salesman

CHIMer Dragonborn
Staff member
Comm. Coordinator
Site Staff
I only joined ZU to play Mafia and occassionally post Zelda Theories or talk about Zelda. I've never had any problems in my time over there, but I never really got too involved in their community anyway. But from what I have seen there are certain members part of groups who gain favortism, it's hard to miss that observation.

Quin

Disaster Master
Terrible site. I wasted away a good amount of my time(I think I got around 5700 posts) there and I regret all of it. Although the userbase was never really great, it used to be bearable at first. That whole sjw uprising started around the time feminist frequency became a thing, and while I didn't really care much because I avoid the SD channel, it started to drip into the Gaming channel and it became hard to talk about games without a few of those idiots (long standing members and mods even) bashing good games left and right because of not enough female/trans/attack helicopter people in it. Thats when I left.

Last edited:

el :BeoWolf:

When all else fails use fire
It was a decent forum back when I joined, and I joined the same day as here. From that you can tell which forum I find better.
I check in now and again and it's just filled with the stank of SJW tumblrites
unless you're one of them, don't go their expecting a good time

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom