• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Smash Bros Smash Bros Ultimate

Threads relating to the Super Smash Bros series.

DarkestLink

Darkest of all Dark Links
I don't have a problem with Isabelle, but...God it feels like a weird choice. She just really doesn't come across as a character you could make into a fighter.

Libk

Spaceballs: The Mafia Player
Also, could you explain to me why it's wrong to promote future games with characters from a franchise?

Quin

Disaster Master
Its a very weak reveal compared to the rest of the new characters that got in, I just hope it picks up again with the next one, which could very well be our last character.

Its a very weak reveal compared to the rest of the new characters that got in, I just hope it picks up again with the next one, which could very well be our last character.
You are correct but most people simply do not care. Nintendo could do it all in ACSII text and the impact would be the same. New character in Smash Bros to help promote new game on Switch. Smash Bros has a long history of being used to help promote other games on Nintendo platforms. This is all that is happening here.

Quin

Disaster Master
You are right, its been the case since melee and FE, and most smash 4 DLC characters too, but I'm not sure an isabelle reveal is there to help AC Switch sales, a game we don't even know if she's in yet. Smash and AC are also pretty opposite games after all. I know a ton of AC folks that never played smash, despite villager being in.
She just has a big fanbase, the big majority which are furries. All of them which will probably buy smash for her. Its a smart move from Nintendo, but I'm personally not very happy about it. Especially when there are still characters I feel more deserving.

Krystal from Star Fox Adventures would probably make the furries happy too. Sucks for them she's still an assist though I think she'd still make a decent playable character.

Isabelle and Villager are both pretty boring and there are more interesting characters from AC in general bit Isabelle became the face of the series in just one game so i guess she earned the slot.

I want Tom Nook in there just so i can kick the crap out of him for slamming me with debt.

She just has a big fanbase
That's exactly why she is in. Same deal with Ridley, the Belmonts and K.Rool. Sakurai is putting in the popular characters. By popular I do mean enough vocal nagging to have the characters in Smash Bros. I don't agree with Ridley in the game, but enough people begged for Ridley to be in and Sakurai listened.

Hyrulian Hero

Zelda Informer Codger
With the piquant personality of the franchise, the superb crafting of each title and the extraordinary wealth of characters included in Ultimate, I'm surprised and perplexed by the salt surrounding the inclusion of Isabelle. I've never played Animal Crossing and I don't really care to but there are already more characters, levels, and other content than I'll ever be able to explore. Sure I want Wa, but I'm not butthurt about it. Much. I mean, they said EVERYONE was here. Except Waluigi. WHERE IN THE EXCREMENT OF THE FLIPPIN' GOLDEN GODDESSES IS MY DANG WALUIGI?!?!

With the piquant personality of the franchise, the superb crafting of each title and the extraordinary wealth of characters included in Ultimate, I'm surprised and perplexed by the salt surrounding the inclusion of Isabelle. I've never played Animal Crossing and I don't really care to but there are already more characters, levels, and other content than I'll ever be able to explore. Sure I want Wa, but I'm not butthurt about it. Much. I mean, they said EVERYONE was here. Except Waluigi. WHERE IN THE EXCREMENT OF THE FLIPPIN' GOLDEN GODDESSES IS MY DANG WALUIGI?!?!

Waluigi lost his chance when his fanbase sent Sakurai death threats.

Hero of Pizza Time

Pizza Parker
With the new Smash Bros game on the way, I'm personally excited to see what the new roster will be like. Super Smash Bros is one of my favorite series, and after seeing that it will be Nintendo's highlight for E3, I can't wait to see what kind of things will be changed from the Wii U version.

What thoughts do you have on the game? Who would you like to see added? What changes would you like to see compared to the last few editions?

Tbh, I'm absolutely certain beyond a reasonable doubt that the new "mystery mode" is going to be some kind of story mode. Considering the fact that a lot of people wanted a story mode in SSB4 and that this installment seems like it will have the most fan service of any installment in the series thus far, story mode has pretty much an 100% chance of happening.

Azure Sage

March onward forever...
Staff member
ZD Legend
Comm. Coordinator
Tbh, I'm absolutely certain beyond a reasonable doubt that the new "mystery mode" is going to be some kind of story mode. Considering the fact that a lot of people wanted a story mode in SSB4 and that this installment seems like it will have the most fan service of any installment in the series thus far, story mode has pretty much an 100% chance of happening.
The “boss” characters and the special flat versions of stages where we saw them fight on in the last Smash direct are pretty strong evidence of something like a story mode. Fingers crossed for a final Smash direct in October to reveal it.

The “boss” characters
You mean Ridley?

UHoXrpn.jpg

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom