• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

What are your biggest fears?

LegendOfMeesh

You Are The Light
Never in my life have I described myself as a brave person. I have no problem standing up to people and things of that sort, but I actually have quite a few (irrational) fears. Those would be:

-Power outages. Really can’t explain this one. Power outages give me full blown panic attacks.

-The ocean/tidal waves/deep water other than pools. This one is pretty common I suppose, the ocean is a scary thing. I lived in a beach town for most of my life and was always terrified of tidal waves, even though we have never gotten one in this area. I find lakes and such to be beautiful, but deep water terrifies me.

-Lighthouses. Another one that’s basically impossible to explain.

-Spiders the most, but bugs of all kinds. Not a strange or uncommon fear to have.

-Dogs. I got bit in the face by a dog when I was 3.
The attack caused me to need emergency plastic surgery to reattach my lip to my face, which the dog had ripped off.
I am scared of every dog, and am a cat person 100%.

Now that I’ve proven even moreso that I am an odd human being.. I’m curious to know- what are your biggest fears, irrational or not?

I'm terrified of the passage of time. Moreso, I'm afraid of the future, but time in general scares me, especially since I don't have my life together. I was only 10 or 11 when I developed my chronophobia and it's sort of always just stuck around, though it comes and goes. Having things to look forward to kind of helps, but at the same time, it makes it worse because then it's like, thinking of all of the things I'm gonna have to confront by the time I reach that goal. Meh.

I'm afraid of hurting people. I'm not too invested in being worried about what most people think of me, but it absolutely bothers me when I know (or think) someone hates me, because then I have to question what I did to them to make them feel that way. It usually turns out that I hold grudges against myself longer than most of the people I'm worried about do, but just the fact that I probably did something to upset them just really bothers me.

Somewhat relevant to the former, I'm absolutely terrified of standing up for myself and/or confronting people. Goes back to the first thing, but speaking up for my own sake puts me so out of my own comfort zone because I'm afraid it could upset someone. It's a terrible quality to have, really, because it attracts parasitic individuals. I oftentimes put other people's feelings first, even if it means I have to quietly suffer.

Bad intentions. I have serious trust issues anymore because I've dealt with way too many people taking advantage of me. I get extremely paranoid about people having ulterior motives and am just instinctively on the defensive now, because of what these people in particular did to me that it left permanent scars on my view of people as a whole.

Phone vibrations. Not so much a fear, but something that really triggers anxiety attacks for me. My abuser would text me nonstop and now my brain just instinctively shuts down whenever I hear a phone vibrate--whether it be my own phone, someone else's, one on television, anything. I had to disable push notifications on so many of my mobile apps because of it.

big centipedes
:(

Doc

BoDoc Horseman
I think I've said it before and I will say it again. I am terrified of snakes. I mostly grew up in Hawaii on the island of Oahu where there aren't really any snakes. I didn't have to deal with them. Whenever I see a snake, I get paralyzed and can't move. Doesn't matter the size of the snake. It can be a small one no longer than a few inches and I still wouldn't be able to handle it. I often have the thought "What if I feel a snake slithering right now?" and I have to check that there is nothing around me.

Dio

~ It's me, Dio!~
Spiders are the worst especially those with long thin legs. Don't like craneflies either which are daddy long legs on wings. I can deal with tarantulas because they are fat and fluffy and money spiders but that is about it.

Baked beans. I don't like the look of them or the smell. Never tasted them. Never will. Don't know where my fear came from but I can't even see them on TV without turning away.

Vomiting. I haven't done so in over 10 years and don't ever want to again. I avoid things that might make me do so.

CynicalSquid

Swag Master General
I don't like bugs, I am scared of the dark, and I also have a fear of confrontation. Those are all pretty common though.

My biggest irrational fear is answering phone calls. I have no idea why. I mean... I have never in my life understood why I have this fear, but I never like to answer phone calls or call other people. It' just freaks me out for some reason. I always have mini panic attacks when I hear a phone ringing.

el :BeoWolf:

When all else fails use fire
I guess the one thing I fear is my Cystic Fibrosis over taking me. I need to keep my lungs cleared as best I can so they don't get infected.

mαrkαsscoρ

Mr. SidleInYourDMs
ZD Champion
loosing certain friends, if we wanna go that route

the dentist b/c I've had to have plenty of teeth removed, and I know there's more dental work to come in the future
actually, one time I had a nightmare where I somehow lost all of my teeth

in fact, even the fear of having nightmares has me weary of going to sleep sometimes, it can even extend to the fear of having dreams in general

the end of the world i suppose, like whether something might go horribly wrong and while I'm driving on the road I just see a nuclear warhead coming down from a distance or an asteroid....or both

and this might sound dumb, but ghosts, so many nightmares have stemmed from this and just the idea of living in a haunted place makes my stomach turn and turn to a point where it'll never get better

Ninja

Well well well
Heights. Even standing up on a small chair freaks me out, can’t do it. Hanging up Christmas lights is worth the trauma but that’s about all the climbing I’ll be doing for the year.

I hate spiders. I also tend to lack confidence in general IRL.

However, I suspect my boggart would become something to represent the loss of a close loved one, or the aftermath of me succumbing to evil and somehow hurting such a loved one myself.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom