• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Smash Bros Smash Bros Ultimate

Threads relating to the Super Smash Bros series.

Krazy4Krash

Staff member
I'm speechless at the amount of content they're putting in. I love Dark Samus and am super psyched to play as them. The best announcement was Fountain of Dreams coming back, of course.

So far only announced on the US site.
No word if the UK or Australia is getting this. I think they might but no guarantees.

P9ZuEPl.png

Zsh53ps.jpg

Last edited:
Not sure I care for that design much. White handles look kind of weird. And while the transparent grey looks fine, and actually pretty cool, on the standard pro controller design, it with the Smash logo kind of looks bad imo. Smash has kind of started associating with high contrast designs, so white on grey doesn't look quite right. Needs to be white on black. With black handles. But, I can see how it would be tempting for some people because Smash controller. This will be my first Smash game (except 3ds) that I'm gonna be forced to use a controller other than the Wiimote, so gotta figure something out, haha. #casual

In other news, there's a light rumor floating around due to a fluke on Best Buy amiibo preorders for their Canadian site, suggesting that amiibo may be an alternative method used to unlock characters. Video here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=briWQwYNhP4

If the Smash Pro comes to UK i'll probably get it.

Not because i like the design but because the Dpad on the original pro is crap.
The Xenoblade 2 Pro had a different build for the Dpad so if the Smash pro has the same Dpad i may part ex my standard for the Smash to have a nicer Dpad

Video here
Please let us know who's video it is next time. I had to give the video a view to find out who it was. It was gameXplain, one of the most toxic youtube channels out there.

Honestly I don't know if that's true. I would think the amiibo just create the AI thing you can level up with. To actually play as a character, you'd have to unlock it the traditional ways in game and beat the character in a fight.

The Xenoblade 2 Pro had a different build for the Dpad so if the Smash pro has the same Dpad i may part ex my standard for the Smash to have a nicer Dpad
it's debatable how much better the newer d-pad is. I only have the original pro controller and I've had no issues with it's d-pad. Also I think this will have the new d-pad in it, both the XC2 and Splatoon pro controllers had the new d-pad.

Quin

Disaster Master
The new D-pad is a tiny bit better, but don't spend 60 bucks for it. Its still pretty **** in general. I'm not buying any 2D sidescroller games on switch just because of this
I MIGHT have went for it if the design was better, but so far all special pro controllers look god awful to me so I just stick to the original

Ninja

Well well well
To those of you in the United States, according to Best Buy's site, select store locations (listed here) will be offering demonstrations for Smash Ultimate starting on September 8th. If you're lucky enough to actually be near one of these locations, it'd be a cool opportunity to experience the game early.

Just looking at this awesome video by GAMEXPLAIN. I live right by a Best Buy, I hope to be able to try it out when the time comes! I wonder if they will have the pro controller, isn't that an Amazon exclusive or something?

Edit: My bad, not from Amazon but it's just sold in general.

Hyrulian Hero

Zelda Informer Codger
Anybody notice that Japan is celebrating a certain 77th Anniversary by Dropping this ultimate smash Bomb on the world? We're sure to be Surprised by the Campaign mode.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom