• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

When Zelda lies

304055.jpg

You mad, bro?

Zelda has had many a tech demo and piece of art that have just never seen the light of day in an actual game.

Spaceworld, Wii U tech demo and the outright lie of the picture above.

Which Zelda lies have hurt you the most?

Which things have we seen that never actually happened that you would have liked to have bewn real?

Likewise has Aonuma ever said anything and then went back on it leaving you disappointed?

YIGAhim

Sole Survivor
Before my time, but I wish that WW battle with Ganondorf in the dark castle was true. Would have been soo epic. A real Zelda high point.

Dio

~ It's me, Dio!~
Like SS being a great prequel to OOT that was going to answer all the big questions. And of course it using the same look as TP. And how Miyamoto was going to quit if it didn't surpass OOT. It didn't in terms of sales or critical response or in the eyes of fans.

Then there was the Wii U Tech Demo which used an updated TP art style and we never saw it again. Not even in TPHD!

Spiritual Mask Salesman

CHIMer Dragonborn
Staff member
Comm. Coordinator
Site Staff
Skyward Sword was hyped up so much. And I remember at some point a statement was made that it'd be taking steps to eliminate linearity. My impression was SS would be open world, or atleast give us the largest overworld of any Zelda game before it. When it turned out SS didn't have an open world, and didn't even have an overworld at all, it greatly disappointed me.

Beauts

Rock and roll will never die
Skyward Sword had a lot of back and forth in production. I can’t remember which way around it was but Aunuma or Miyamoto wanted a non linear game which I believe was closer to what BOTW became. The other one wanted it more traditional. They wanted various elements changed and overworld contents and there’s even a few hints within the game that it was intended to be different. I can’t remember the details but I watched a video on YouTube related to this so check it out if you’re interested as to what went wrong with expectations vs reality in SS.

I’m not really one to pay much attention to trailers or demos before the games release so I’m not really own to talk. I guess I came here to talk about SS but everyone already has so I decided to offer an explanation for it instead. I will say though, that I felt like when they released the 3DS versions of OoT and MM they made it seem like it’d be more than a graphic update with a few gameplay tweaks. I only vaguely remember it all but that’s what we ended up getting. Some slight dungeon redesign to keep it interesting would’ve been nice, not like MQ but maybe like that romhack, Zeldas Birthday, though I’ve not played that myself. That being said I don’t have an issue with the finished results. They deserve credit just for making iron boots a c item so we don’t have to pause and unpause constantly in the Water Temple anymore

So where are the lies at? That poster isn't a lie. That awesome HD Zelda demo was a tech demo for the Wii U, not an upcoming game.

Ah, I remember that picture! It made me so incredibly excited, but let down when the real game was released. It looked like a traditional Zelda game, the brushstroke effect on the picture was cool too. I was looking forward to a game like TP, but that didn't happen. The other huge lie that really ticked off a bunch of people was that teaser trailer, I don't remember who made it (IGN maybe? idk) that was like a decade ago.

Castle

Ch!ld0fV!si0n
Pan-decepticon-transdeliberate-selfidentifying-sodiumbased-extraexistential-temporal anomaly
When Zelda lies it makes me hate nintendo as a company and it convinced me to never purchase another game or piece of hardware from them ever again.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom