• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

New Super Mario Bros collection rumour for Switch

I dont usually trade in rumours but there has been one that will just not die over the last couple of months.

The rumour is that Nintendo are set to release a collection of the New Super Mario bros games on Switch.

If you have a DS, 3DS, Wii or WiiU you'll probably have at least one game from this Mario sub series.

It seems odd that instead of a new game for Switch Nintendo would just port the games to it. Though I guess Super Mario Maker (especially if they port that too) did kill 2D Mario short of any exclusive gimmick Nintendo could put into a new game.

So would you like this collection on Switch?

Would you rather a new game instead of a port collection?

Do you not care about the New series at all given the last time it was active it felt as of we were getting a very similar game each and every month?

I like side-scrolling mario, and I think I have all of the "New" Super Mario Bros. games, but I'm not sure if I would repurchase them in a collection format. The first one was by far the best (love the shell powerup), but the others had some pretty good level design too. I guess I would have to wait and see if the rumor is true before I really decide whether or not I would go for it.

I think people would be more interested in a pre Mario 64 2D mario collection. I know I would be.
NSMB didn't capture the magic of the old games.

I think people would be more interested in a pre Mario 64 2D mario collection. I know I would be.
NSMB didn't capture the magic of the old games.

I remember being very disappointed by the port of Super Mario All Stars back on Wii. It was just the SNES game put on a Wii disc. And they didn't even include Super Mario World.

Also, regarding this rumor, Gamexplaun reported it as a NSMBU port (presumably with NSLU as well).

Spiritual Mask Salesman

CHIMer Dragonborn
Staff member
Comm. Coordinator
Site Staff
The only one I played was the first NSMB, it was ok, but I don't see myself re-purchasing it along with the other installments.

Like ALiT pointed out, the rumor is it will be a NSMBU port to the Switch. Never played it, not sure if I'd purchase it, but I atleast like having these options open.

Ninja

Well well well
I'd rather have a brand new Mario experience than another set it ports/collections.

Oddessy was top notch but a dedicated 2D side scroller would be nice.

I remember being very disappointed by the port of Super Mario All Stars back on Wii. It was just the SNES game put on a Wii disc. And they didn't even include Super Mario World.
Considering Super Mario World was never a part of Super Mario All Stars, it didn't need to be on the Wii disc, but having it there would have been very nice.

Also I disregard any rumours gamexplain share. When more reputable and more worthy sources start sharing rumours, then I start taking notice.

Quin

Disaster Master
Man, if they can't even make a new NSMB title for the switch, then they are getting way too lazy with this porting. Port 3D world instead. A much much better game
I rather just have a new original 2D mario though

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom