• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

I Wish..

Stitch

AKA Patrick
Oh I know about it. But still they shouldn't advertise something that isn't in. Like Peter from Deadpool 2 not having type 1 and 2 diabetes as his superpower in the actual film like was in the trailer.
Re read what I said. That stuff probably was in the movie at the time they made the advertisement. The people who were making the advertisement, and likely the people who were making the movie at the time, probably had no idea it wasn't going to be in the movie. Honestly the only way to avoid this would be to pretty much wait until a movie is out, and then advertise it, but you have to make money somehow and the current culture loves movie trailers so you kind of just have to deal with it.

Dio

~ It's me, Dio!~
Re read what I said. That stuff probably was in the movie at the time they made the advertisement. The people who were making the advertisement, and likely the people who were making the movie at the time, probably had no idea it wasn't going to be in the movie. Honestly the only way to avoid this would be to pretty much wait until a movie is out, and then advertise it, but you have to make money somehow and the current culture loves movie trailers so you kind of just have to deal with it.
I don't need to re read it I read it the first time and didn't find anything hard to understand. Maybe the editors should watch the trailers themselves before cutting stuff.

Stitch

AKA Patrick
I don't need to re read it I read it the first time and didn't find anything hard to understand. Maybe the editors should watch the trailers themselves before cutting stuff.
The editors already deal with enough bull**** from the directors, producers, production company, and MPAA about what they have to include and get rid of in their movies. They don't need to answer to advertising bureaus also. If an editor cuts something from a movie there is likely a better reason for it than an advertising bureau including in a trailer. Trailers lie worse than this all the time anyway. Honestly, there is no way to perfectly capture a feature length film in a couple minutes anyway. If you want to see a perfect advertisement for a movie that won't lie to you about the movie: watch the movie.

I wish they would stop advertising movies at all, sure it would be terrible for filmmakers financially the first couple of years, but I think people would be appreciate the medium more in the long run.

• Ugh
Reactions: Aro
I wish upon a star!
Wanna be right where you are!
You set my world on fire,
Cuz babe I got a crush on You!

CynicalSquid

Swag Master General
I wish I wasn’t an alcoholic

I also wish I knew some people on this site more than I do. I feel like I just stick with my CCC clique and don’t do much to get to know other members on this site.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom