• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Limited Edition Consoles

Jimmu

Administrator
Staff member
ZD Champion
Administrator
Sony recently announced a limited edition translucent PS4 Pro console to commemorate 500 Million consoles sold.

Limited-Edition-PS4-Pro-500-Million.jpg

Have you ever been convinced to replace/upgrade a perfectly working console just for a new limited edition design? Perhaps you hold off on upgrading until a limited edition is released, or maybe you don't care about how the console looks at all?

I did use the limited edition gold Majora's Mask 3DS XL as an excuse to upgrade from a regular 3DS. But if I had already owned a regular 3DS XL I probably would have given it a miss. I still don't have a Switch, perhaps I'll wait and see if some kind of limited edition comes through.

Jirohnagi

Braava Braava
Never bought a limited edition console cuz they never lookd great the closest was the MM 3DS XL but the price tag wasn't worth it.

ALso for the record that PS4 whatever you've got in a pic there looks horrific, i mean man it looks like someone got some cheap ass plastic and vacformed it around a mold.

I got my 3ds a few weeks before OoT3D came out, and then they announced that special edition cosmic black with the gold trim. That was the only time that a special edition console was tempting for me when I already owned the system, but I liked my 3ds as it was. After the initial shock value of how good the special edition looked, I didn't really look back on my decision to get my standard cosmic black 3ds. I decided that if I really wanted some Zelda design, I could customize my system. Never did because the 3ds was beautiful as was.

mαrkαsscoρ

Mr. SidleInYourDMs
ZD Champion
pretty much no, the gold link b/w worlds 3ds is the only limited system I bought new and I hadn't owned a 3ds [or ds] prior to that
actually I do own a red wii that was limited to mario's 25th anniversary but I got it used for a great deal, and the reason I got it was b/c my original wii kicked the bucket

so I guess only if I hadn't owned the system before or if I can get an enticing deal for it

Spec edition consoles dont do it for me.

However i have owned one. I got an R2D2 Star Wars Xbox 360 (it was cheap and the only one the store had). I dont like Star Wars and i ended up not liking the 360 so I part exchanged it later on.

YIGAhim

Sole Survivor
I wouldn't upgrade from something of the same caliber just for looks.

I would buy the limited edition if I didn't already own the console and if it looked neat, but I'd prefer classic. I mean color differences are cool but I wouldn't buy a 3ds that had a picture of Link on it. I'd buy a cool color instead. I bought the grey joy con switch because it was 10$ more to buy the red and blue ones, and I wouldn't pay any extra for 2 colors...

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom