• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Video game characters that ruined the franchise

Dan

And by ruin I mean made the game a little ****tier but gamers like to be so melodramatic about everything which is why I named the thread in such a manner.

Rosanina

Apart from looking good in future party games(wow wow wee wa)
3004846-rosalina.png

she was utterly pointless in Galaxy and felt shoehorned in. I recall the first time going into the library on her space station and feel rather embarrassed at the childish music and crude baby pictures(I was with friends at the time) it didn't feel like it belonged in the game at all. Yes Mario is for kids, but the story she told felt like it fell into a Dora the Explorer show. The game would have worked easily without her inclusion.

Galaxy 2 was more so forced. She's cool as far as an extra for party games though.

What about you guys, what characters did you feel were a step too far?

Castle

Ch!ld0fV!si0n
Pan-decepticon-transdeliberate-selfidentifying-sodiumbased-extraexistential-temporal anomaly
Yeesha did somewhat of a number on the Myst mythos in Uru: Ages Beyond Myst (or Myst Online: Uru Live depending on what iteration of the online game). Granted, she's a character expressly written to break the established rules of the Art of Writing that the series is based on, which should be a compelling concept, but the story never really ever does anything with it. There's also huge holes in her history that are essential to understanding how she got to be that way that were never explored. And her being a central figure to a race of beings known as the Bahro is also problematic, because the Bahro introduce a whole host of issues that were never explained or resolved.

Yeesha was just kinda written as a bizarre needless complication that never worked.

Also Fi.

And Demise.

Stormageden747

Zofian General
Corrin from Fire Emblem Fates. Corrin is actually cardboard. Hell, cardboard would have been a better character. Corrin's writing and design are so horrible.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom