• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Have you gone digital with music?

I bought a CD recently (Chvrches' new album) but before that I cannoy remember the last time i bought a CD.

I fell out of touch with music long ago and now only liaten to songs i like that i hear out in the world. It is usually a waste of money for me to buy a full album because usually one track isnt a good representation of a full album.

This means downloading the odd song here and there for my ipod is how i roll.

What about you? Has music become a digital medium for you?

Spiritual Mask Salesman

CHIMer Dragonborn
Staff member
Comm. Coordinator
Site Staff
I heard something about Best Buy no longer selling CDs. And I recently went to Best Buy suprised that there were no longer CDs (I had forgotten about the news, probably because at the time I heard it I wasn't paying attention, or I didn't believe it).

I would rather buy a CD, unfortunately digital downloading of music might make physical copies of music obsolete, and I think this is an indication it is already doing so. Vinyl is only back in because I think it's a fad, and it's nostalgic, I don't expect it to last.

I usually go digital unless it's an album I really really love, and then I'll consider rebuying it physical. Also, game soundtracks. Best as physical cds. <3

I'm expecting to get physical copies of two upcoming albums, and I may not even go digital at all if that's the case. Rise to Fall and Season of Ghosts are both currently working on new albums and I would absolutely love to have both as physical cds. Those wouldn't be sold in stores, though; I would have to order from their sites. Heavily considering rebuying Seraphim's "Shades of the Future" as physical as well, now that they finally put up a physical copy on their site.

Cfrock

Keep it strong
I've gone fully digital. I only listen to music on my computer or phone so it doesn't make sense for me to get CDs or whatever. I used to get CDs when I was younger, but now I usually go on Bandcamp and buy music there.

Yes, I buy music. Fite me.

Ninja

Well well well
YouTube and Spotify Premium are my main platforms that I use for music. Spotify premium is worth the price and I don't pirate music nearly as often as before.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom