• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Do alarms work for you?

I usually wake up before my alarm, on the off-chance that I dont though I'm able to rise and start the day.

Ive always been a morning person so i guess i get along with alarms okay but what about the rest of you?

Do you snooze and snooze and snooze?

Do you have a watch that vibrates until you get up?

Or do you not use them?

Dio

~ It's me, Dio!~
I use my phone alarm. If I didn't I would sleep until 12pm each day. I am a night person and don't like getting out of bed in the morning. I don't tend to snooze unless I didn't get enough sleep the night before but I still find it hard to bring myself to get up.

HeroOfTime

Challenger Approaching!
I use my phone on vibrate. Sometimes I wake up before, sometimes after. My phone used to be buggy and the alarm I set didn't go off, or I'd sleep through it (my phone's like 7 years old, in its defense). Since then I've literally been setting 5 alarms every night, five minutes apart from each other, so I have no chance of sleeping through it. No problems since :P

CynicalSquid

Swag Master General
I have to get up at 2am for work so I have been relying on alarms to wake up for the past 3 years. I usually set one at 1:30 one at 2 and another at 2:30 just in case I anciently turn off my alarm instead of hitting snooze. My alarm is typically vibration and a really loud death metal song because I also tend to be a heavy sleeper so nothing else is able to wake me up.

Back when I used an alarm in high school, I had the clock itself set like 30 minutes fast, and then had the alarm set to go off at 5:50 by the clock time. So if I hit snooze a couple times, I'd still be up by 6:00 real time. Was a silly tactic but it generally seemed to work. But if I woke before the alarm, I usually would just sit there waiting for it to go off before I started moving.

I very seldom use my phone alarm, but its available as an option for me if I really need an alarm for something.

Rubik

King of Lorule Lounge
I generally use both a normal alarm and a phone alarm if there's a reason I'm trying to wake up at that specific time, with 5 minutes between them.

I had a few bad experiences with singular alarms and turning them off and falling back asleep, and haven't had a problem since.

Doc

BoDoc Horseman
I have a phone alarm, but it doesn't work unless I have some place that I have to be. At school, I have no problem getting up for class. But at home when I have no where to be in the mornings, I turn off my alarm while I'm half asleep.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom