• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

How link was raised by a tree?

Dio

~ It's me, Dio!~
Maybe but Sadia is a ditzy dreamer. Who better to raise Link than someone who didn't know who he truly is.

What I am saying is. If Kokiri are spirits of the forest and they took on the forms of human 9 year old children they never would have been babies and therefore as we know link arrived as a baby, that would mean that any Kokiri who saw him that way would know he was not a real Kokiri. This means that none of the others could have seen him in this state including Mido or else they would have come to the realisation that he was not kokiri. The only one who could have known is Saria who believed he would leave the forest one day.

Castle

Ch!ld0fV!si0n
Pan-decepticon-transdeliberate-selfidentifying-sodiumbased-extraexistential-temporal anomaly
Navi only came after GDT ordered her to when he was 7
Wow. Seven years is the lowest guess for Young Link's age I've ever seen.

That was just the first time Link had been given a guardian fairy. Obviously, living in an enchanted forest where all his neighbors had their own fairy fluttering around their heads, Link would have been in the presence of plenty of fairies. How do we know Link hadn't been interacting with fairies his entire life? Throughout his infancy they could have been feeding him, diapering him, cleaning him and all the usual baby maintenance stuff. If they did so in solitude, perhaps inside the Deku Tree or in some remote corner of the forest where the Kokiri children wouldn't find him, then one day perhaps as a toddler they could have had Link show up in the Kokiri village. If the Kokiri didn't know better, the Deku Tree could have explained him as a new Kokiri. We don't really know how much the Kokiri knew Link wasn't one of them. They could have been under orders from the Deku Tree to keep it a secret. It didn't stop Mido from discriminating against him in any case.

But Navi was Link's personal guardian fairy - his sole dedicated fairy companion. Countless fairies other than Navi assist Link in his adventure. Do fairies not assist or even show themselves to non Kokiri or are they just more elusive? Would the fairies actively shun Link unless the Deku Tree told them otherwise?

If the answer to those questions is "no" then it is entirely possible that it was the fairies who nurtured Link as an infant.

Reactions: Dio

Castle

Ch!ld0fV!si0n
Pan-decepticon-transdeliberate-selfidentifying-sodiumbased-extraexistential-temporal anomaly
How can a fairy hold anything like a Dekunut? Fairies like Navi was I mean.
Do we know the physical capabilities of the fairies though? I mean, Navi is completely useless, but have we ever seen them lift more than their body weight for instance? Or magically manipulate objects or something?

Spiritual Mask Salesman

CHIMer Dragonborn
Staff member
Comm. Coordinator
Site Staff
Do we know the physical capabilities of the fairies though? I mean, Navi is completely useless, but have we ever seen them lift more than their body weight for instance? Or magically manipulate objects or something?
Tatl in MM told Teal he couldn't hold the Ocarina of Time because he'd drop it, and she didn't try holding it either. I don't think they could have.

Castle

Ch!ld0fV!si0n
Tatl in MM told Teal he couldn't hold the Ocarina of Time because he'd drop it, and she didn't try holding it either. I don't think they could have.

That's a good example! But wouldn't Teal be aware of his physical capabilities though? Just the fact that Teal wanted to hold the Ocarina probably means that he could have. I mean, have you ever looked at something many times your weight and demanded to hold it?

Teal could be clumsy. Or the verbal exchange could have been siblings being jerks to each other like they are. Or Tatl could have been sucking up to Skull Kid or subtly trying to protect Teal from Skullkid who could have gotten angry if anyone else tried to take his spoils. Tatl already knew Skullkid was behaving more aggressively.

Alita the Pun

Dmitri
he could have been fed Lon Lon milk. We also don't know the exact age he was dropped off with the Kokiri. he could have been past the age of needing milk. at that point, the other Kokiri could have helped raise him. as for fairies taking care of him, im not sure how that would have gone but I feel like the Deku tree's magic would have been powerful enough to find a way to take care of link.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom