• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Do you kill spiders or set them free?

Castle

Ch!ld0fV!si0n
Pan-decepticon-transdeliberate-selfidentifying-sodiumbased-extraexistential-temporal anomaly
I'm somewhat of an arachnophobe but I've gotten used to living with em by now. Small house spiders and the slightly larger ones I'll tolerate. But the large wolf spiders I will not. I used to get some freakishly large spiders in here when I first moved in and for some reason there's been a mild resurgence recently. I think I need to spray repellent again.

If they crawl on me, they die. If they crawl into my bed, they die. If they hang out on the wall and mind their own business, they can live but that's mostly because I'm too lazy to get up and smite them.

Dio

~ It's me, Dio!~
Spiders are terrifying and I always kill them. I can't sleep if I know one is in my room and if one disdissape I hunt until I find it again. Killing them also means they can't come back inside. Besides I would be too scared to get close enough to pick one up and move it outside.

I have to use a hoover or long object to kill spiders with, though if I am naked for some reason I can get closer to them, possibly because they won't be able to crawl up my trouser leg or sleeve and then there be the possibility of the spider becoming squashed on my bare skin by the fabric and me getting spider juice on myself *shivers*

I can't deal with spider corpses either. I don't like the shape of the legs.

I'm too empathetic to kill bugs, even ones I hate, like stinkbugs. In the case of spiders, I tend to ignore them and let them be, though I'll sometimes let them outside if people I'm living with are threatening to kill them. Most bugs, I can handle with my bare hands, but because some spiders are defensive and aggressive, I usually go for a cup and trap them that way as I relocate them outside. Lessens chances of me hurting them as well.

I have a bug and spider policy. If I see it, it dies. Out of sight, out of mind.

Alita the Pun

Dmitri
it all depends on my circumstance. if I'm near one of the house's many openings, I will partake in freeing the measly weasly thing. if im in the basement, surrounded by recording equipment, im not so inclined to spare it

YIGAhim

Sole Survivor
If it's in my room it dies.

If it's on the floor anywhere it dies

If it's on the ceiling or walls anywhere except my room it lives

Rubik

King of Lorule Lounge
I generally tend to kill them, but I do occasionally see the opportunity to easily save one and do so. I used to always try to save the harmless ones, but now I'm not really confident in my ability to recognize them.

Cfrock

Keep it strong
I like spiders. I think they're cool. I like having them in my room and always let them live. We share a common hatred of flying insects and that makes us as good as kin. When I was in primary school I sometimes used to catch crane flies in the playground and put them on spider webs on the fences and get a thrill when, later that day, I saw those same flies all wrapped up. The weak must fear the strong.

That said, my mother and brother are both terrified of spiders and always have been. I suspect this is where my affection for spiders comes from, as it always eneded up being me who had to get rid of them as a kid since no one else would go near them. I suppose it made me feel brave, going near something my older brother was screaming from. Psuedo-psychology aside, I would pick spiders up and put them outside rather than kill them.

mαrkαsscoρ

Mr. SidleInYourDMs
ZD Champion
I mean simply put...
03f09f57d6cc20bf7348ccbab86692a4.png

Reactions: Dan
My wife makes me kill them
(PS mobile won’t show any of the editing options for me above the edit post box, is this happening for anyone?)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom