• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Breath of the Wild Lynells

Tried a blue one yesterday and got my ass handed to me 4 times. Need more practice I guess,they get me rattled! :(

Personally, what I did in my “forced” encounter with the Zora questline was run away, level up while making money, spend orbs on HP so I didn’t get one shot and then went back. I had better weapons and was out of one shot range. A lot of people will tell you to go for Stamina, but don’t forget that HP is important too. Taking an extra hit from enemies with better armor and better HP value can take a lot of frustration out of your day. I personally do a 3:1 ratio for HP to Stamina which is quite high because I am not good at combat

This works on any situation; sometimes you may not be strong enough.

A lot of people will tell you to go for Stamina, but don’t forget that HP is important too. Taking an extra hit from enemies with better armor and better HP value can take a lot of frustration out of your day.
The object of the game is not allowing enemies (especially lynels) hit you in the first place. Stamina all the way. Your advice is terrible.

Azure Sage

March onward forever...
Staff member
ZD Legend
Comm. Coordinator
The object of the game is not allowing enemies (especially lynels) hit you in the first place. Stamina all the way. Your advice is terrible.
Not everybody is that good, though. It doesn't hurt to have some extra HP and defense as insurance for mistakes. Personally, I prefer to flip flop back and forth between increasing hearts and stamina when I go through the game.

I personally went health over stamina in all my files except master mode, and that was mostly because my single stamina wheel seemed to bother people. But there's no shame in prioritizing one over the other, and then changing your mind about it later. Stamina definitely has its uses, and if you're looking to do a lot of aerial bow damage in combat, it is certainly a great choice. That goes beyond just lynels, of course.

and that was mostly because my single stamina wheel seemed to bother people.
You know fully well it bothered me YOU punk.

But there's no shame in prioritizing one over the other, and then changing your mind about it later.
Only valid reason to go beyond three hearts is to yank the Master Sword and then swap back to stamina once you have it. These are my words.

Just in my opinion, there is no reason to "make due" with minimal hearts. They're both there for you to play how you want, if you want to choose to not upgrade whatsoever with health - that's your call, but it also forces you into a more defensive playstyle, which is fine. I get that works well under a skilled players hands. I want to relax and just enjoy combat with whatever weapon I want, I don't have stamina issues and i'd say my ratio has worked well for me personally. If you're struggling, health or stamina will help -- just depends on the player!

Nobody is wrong for playing how they want, and nobody here is giving bad advice.

Vanessa28

Angel of Darkness
Staff member
ZD Legend
Administrator
Unless you wear Majora's Mask they will attack you as soon as they spot you. When using Majora's mask don't draw your sword or any weapon or even your camera. then they will attack you too

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom