• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Which Musical Genre is Best?

Alita the Pun

Dmitri
There are hundreds of variations in music, normally classified in genres. From country to hip hop to rap, theres literally something for everyone. Now I try to keep an open mind as a musician which normally leads to me appreciating some very weird sounding music that many people don't like. My personal favorites are Electronic and Alternative Metal. Opposite me, my brother who is very passionate about 80's rock and roll. With this passion of this certain genre, also comes a great dislike of anything that doesn't conform to that style. It becomes very frustrating to talk about music with him because he is closed minded to all other genres.

So here comes the two pronged question. 1. What genre of music is your favorite? and 2. Do you usually try to be open minded about music or do you stick to what you know?

:bubsy::bubsy::bubsy:

Last edited:

Alita the Pun

Dmitri
I am obsessed with Kidz Bop. They put a CLEAN and INNOCENT twist on modern music. For example:

Something that might tickle ones fancy would be this twist on a recent edm classic.

:33333333333

Some friends and I listened through every single Kidz Bop album in a row one time. What a journey...

Azure Sage

March onward forever...
Staff member
ZD Legend
Comm. Coordinator
My favorite genre of music is Rock x Classical x Electronic, AKA Hiroyuki Sawano. Mixing those three genres creates something amazing that I can't get enough of. As for being open minded, when I was in high school I was just like your brother; a "classic rock is the only good music" snob. Thankfully, that's in the past. There are still certain genres I don't touch, like country and rap and hip hop, but I'm generally open to listening to new things.

There is no best. Only your personal favourite.

I like almost all genres but my favourite is electro, electronic, electronic pop and some dance.

No one genre is superior to the other but the absolute worst kind of music is new monkey or nu monkee or however the methmouths and juiceheads are spelling it.

My personal favourite music genre is progressive trance. Example;

Though i'm pretty open minded when it comes to music, if i like the song I wont really care what the genre is. Arch Enemy, Kanye West, Two Steps From Hell, Savage Garden... if I likes, I listens.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom