• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Let's Play Recomendations

Musicfan

the shadow mage
The goal of this thread is to make a list of lets players. The list will be divide in to genres and styles of commentary. Some will have a content warning.

chuggaaconroy Style: game play with voice 100% walkthroughs. Does mostly single player on main channel Genre: Nintendo Rating: PG
Ghast Style: game-play with audio mostly solo commentary not every video is a letsplay but is related to the series that is played Genre : Fire emblem Rating: PG-13
HC Bailly Style:game play with voice 100% walkthroughs plays though the same game although different versions highlighting the differences that are present Rating PG or PG-13
I will add more as more come in and as I continue to go through my lists

Quin

Disaster Master
I will never get this trend. Why watch someone play a game when you can play yourself? If you aren't feeling like playing a game, why not watch a good movie or series instead? surely that is more entertaining. Is it just for the background noise? I rather pop in some of my favorite music.
Honestly the only ones that are the exception for me that I can understand (and did myself a few times) are david cage like walking sim games to save yourself some bucks.

I did used to watch Classic game room and Game Center CX on youtube (RIP to both) but those are more shows than LP's
I'm probably just jealous that I can't make money playing video games though.

Jirohnagi

Braava Braava
I will never get this trend. Why watch someone play a game when you can play yourself? If you aren't feeling like playing a game, why not watch a good movie or series instead? surely that is more entertaining. Is it just for the background noise? I rather pop in some of my favorite music.
Honestly the only ones that are the exception for me that I can understand (and did myself a few times) are david cage like walking sim games to save yourself some bucks.

I did used to watch Classic game room and Game Center CX on youtube (RIP to both) but those are more shows than LP's

Because there are some people who cannot or will not spend money on a game they know nothing about. For some this might be an attraction but for others it's not. It's also a good way to watch games you can't physically play or to get an idea of the play (I.E. Tutorials for better smashing)

I don't get why you even responded on a thread asking about LP recommendations with the "Why watch someone else play a game when you can do it yourself" Some people just don't simply have the time to get to immersed into a game so it is often easier to watch the game footage just because it's broken up into chunks and with some LPers, who know what they are doing, can actually be even more fun. At least one LPer i know of puts a great amount of detail and research into the game and shares this with the viewers while they play. It's interesting to know it's another way or teaching people new things.

Stitch

AKA Patrick
ZD Champion

It often comes down to the personality and knowhow of the let's player. Generally, if something is entertaining, informative, or both, people will watch. It also comes in handy when you either aren't that great at a video game or can't access a video game for whatever reason.

DekuNut

I play my drum for you

You could ask the same question about pro sports. "A football costs like five bucks. Why don't you go outside and play with that instead of watching the Superbowl/World Cup?"

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom