• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

The Artificial Womb and what it could mean for the future

Dan

I'm sure many of you have heard about the artificial womb and what it could mean for the future of man kind. It's a technology still very far off but the media like it always does loves to sensationalize the process and pretend it's just around the corner. Still, incredible what progress is being made.

https://www.theverge.com/2017/4/25/...uterus-lamb-sheep-birth-premie-preterm-infant

Alan Flake, fetal surgeon at the Children’s Hospital of Philadelphia and lead author of today’s study. “It’s complete science fiction to think that you can take an embryo and get it through the early developmental process and put it on our machine without the mother being the critical element there,”

Once tech gets to the point where we essentially can grow babies in test tubes what do you think that could mean for society? Will pregnancy be a thing of the past? Will women become obsolete?

I suspect when we get to that point we will already be able to augment ourselves with cybernetics or on a biological level but it's still fun to think about, even if it is like our dear Alan said, in the realm of science fiction.

I'm very eager to hear your thoughts on this future.

Jirohnagi

Braava Braava
Dan at this point i kinda feel it isn't so much as you want to hear others voices but you just want to set in an echo room and hear your voice and the strange harmonics it brings on. You're posting pretty much similar topics over and over again. Fairly sure you did this last time.

Dan

Dan at this point i kinda feel it isn't so much as you want to hear others voices but you just want to set in an echo room and hear your voice and the strange harmonics it brings on. You're posting pretty much similar topics over and over again. Fairly sure you did this last time.

The closet post I've made regarding this is augmentation which got one or two replies back in the day. I don't think this thread will get much discussion either but I'm still hopeful. I think grown humans could change society in a huge way, both negatively and positively. What would it be like to be grown in a tube and have no parents? Be raised by a government or organization. Adopting a grown child?

What makes you think I want to sit in an echo chamber? I've very against that and actively encourage people to share their views. I find the responses that contrast with my own the most interesting. We can discuss this in a pm if you feel it might stray off topic too much.

Dizzi

magical internet cat....
ZD Legend
I think noooo way cuz theres women who are ' I wanna feel the baby kick.... so they will not go nay other way even though they could adopt an already born child...

Reactions: Dan

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom