• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Car accidents

mαrkαsscoρ

Mr. SidleInYourDMs
Got into one a couple days ago. To make it brief, I made a very quick turn on the freeway and lost control of the car, thus impacting the car in front of me on that lane since I didn't hit the brakes in time. I tried to make my way to the side but unbeknownst to me, the car was set on neutral after the impact so it took me a bit of time to get to the side. That was really the only part where I felt imminent danger w/ all the cars speeding our way. My friend was in the passenger seat and she was actually more shook than I was. She thought we were actually going to die which was weird to think about b/c for me, death didn't even cross my mind as it was happening. It was more so "damn, I'm about to feel this impact aren't I". Anyways the car took a bit of damage w/ only a few parts needing to be replaced, and both me and her came out of there unscathed. Though I had a bit of soreness on my right leg so I'll probably have to saw it off pretty soon.

Anyways, have any of you guys ever been in accidents? Were they minor collisions or something a bit more serious?

Reactions: Dan

Spiritual Mask Salesman

CHIMer Dragonborn
Staff member
Comm. Coordinator
Site Staff
I've never had one. I've anticipated bad things while driving and got out of the way, and if I hadn't I would have been in accidents. Like one time I was coming up behind a guy in a truck who had some 2x4s on his truck bed. But he didn't have them secured or anything. I knew they were going to slide off so I got in a different lane. As I came alongside him, sure enough, they slid out.

Alita the Pun

Dmitri
I've never had one, but I was in the car when my brother was driving and got a minor fender bender. it really just jolted me a little, no harm done and no damage to the car.

Terminus

If I was a wizard this wouldn't be happening to me
Both of my parents have gotten into near-lethal car accidents at one particular intersection, both of which destroyed the car we had at the time. Needles to say I'm a bit hesitant to start driving.

Dan

I've been in one but how it happened is a little blurry in memory. I was driving to work and my car slipped, the last thing I remember was losing control and thinking to myself I'm going to crash really bad. I was told my car flipped and I smashed into some tree that was very dear to someone because it reminded them of a person that passed away.(Good riddance if you're going to remember someone with a stupid tree)

The next few days were confusing to me as I wasn't fully with it. I had a minor concussion and I started to regain full conciseness in a private ward at the hospital. The first thing I remember was washing my package in front of some Doctor and asking him "Is this good enough for ya" and he responded "er yeah" my thoughts were then "What am doing here and why am I washing myself in front of this man".

I had no idea where I was or what had happened as the last thing I remember was waking up in my bedroom. I thought maybe I was in heaven or something and recall being incredibly angry and disappointed that it was a bland place. My second thought was perhaps I'm dreaming so I kept looking at my hands to see if they were detailed or blurry like in a dream.

A woman came into the room and asked me if I wanted a drink of hot coco, needless to say I said yes. The Doctor said I can't drink that and I kept saying to the woman give me the hot coco so she poured some and left. I still wasn't 100% with it at the time so I assumed when the doctor said I couldn't drink it I believed it was because I wasn't allowed to drink or eat food due to being on a strict diet to fix my health or something. I soon learned though that I physically couldn't eat it due to my jaw being wired shut as I had broken it and the bones behind my cheeks and jaw had been shattered. The bones on the right side had been replaced by metal plate as they had been turned into mush.

I learned the above a couple hours after the hot coco fiasco. I was told I had been in hospital for 3 days and had been operated on and put to sleep. A nurse came in and told me I had to be restrained many times due to getting out of my bed and wandering off (No doubt to find a computer to post ZD threads about toilets).

The next few days I had to learn to drink through a straw. All my drinks were ****ty milkshake mixes that I hated. It was a huge difficulty as I had lost my appetite completely and so drinking became a huge chore. I was also now in a public ward confined to a bed with no access to Zelda Dungeon forums as I didn't have a smart phone at the time. It was ****ing horrible being stuck at a hospital. I took to drawing the forums on a4 pieces of paper and drew threads and responses to those threads from various members to soothe my sanity, even then I managed to get banned a few times.

Another thing I hated was uni students viewing me as a spectacle because the operation that had been conducted on me was experimental at the time and had not been done before. No joke, I would wake up sometimes and there would be a group of uni students(most of them ugly) watching me and a doctor talking about me as if I were some sort of experiment. He condescendingly asked me "Dan how are you feeling today, can you tell me what day it is". Had I been able to talk properly I would have no doubt slam jammed all of them for treating me like a gorilla in zoo.

--------------------------

Sorry for the long story but I hated my stay at hospital and to this day it still pisses me off.

Jimmu

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
I was in a low speed collision when I was learning to drive. It was at a round-a-bout with multiple lanes and I thought someone from the middle lane was staying in but they were going off and I joined on the outer lane, so it was my fault. I learned my lesson and haven't done it again, I think it made me a much safer and more alert driver now for having messed up then.

Doc

BoDoc Horseman
I have never been in an accident. I'm a pretty careful driver but I think it mostly comes down to luck. A lot of people I know have gotten into simple fender benders or got into accidents in inclement weather doing things that I probably would have done as well.

Dizzi

magical internet cat....
ZD Legend
I kinda hit a road workers arm.... i was going real slow and he walked in the road....

Mellow Ezlo

Spoony Bard
I totaled my grandma's car a few years ago. Misjudged how tired I was and dozed off on the highway. Drove into an intersection (somehow) and ended up on an upwards bank. Hit a tree, and then the car tipped over onto the driver's side and I had to climb out the passenger door. I didn't get hurt at all, but it was absolutely terrifying, especially the phone call to my dad after it happened.

That's the only accident I've been involved in behind the wheel. I am much better at judging how tired I am now and I don't drive if I feel like there's a chance I might doze off.

I was in 3 car accidents before that though. The first was when I was 6 or 7, when my dad was driving us to school and we got into a head on with a dumbass kid in his mom's jeep. I put my tooth through my lip from the impact, and I can still feel the scar there sometimes on the inside. My mom's mustang was totaled in the crash. In my second one, my dad was also driving. He got distracted and we ended up beneath the trailer of a semi that had stopped at a red light. We were all ok, and the car was back on the road after some minor repairs to the bent hood. In my third accident, it was just me and my mom's friend in her car, on our way to pick her up from work. He panicked when he almost missed the turn, so he quickly pulled a left turn into traffic and we got T-boned by a motorcycle. The car was written off but we were both ok. Unbeknownst to me, though, he didn't have a driver's license.

Aside from those, I have personally witnessed 3 accidents, one of which was a close call that almost involved myself. Because of the many accidents I've been involved in and witnessed, I have a fear of driving if anybody but me is behind the wheel. If I'm not in control of the vehicle myself, I'm on edge for most of the drive usually. It might be somewhat irrational, but idk.

Spiritual Mask Salesman

CHIMer Dragonborn
Staff member
Comm. Coordinator
Site Staff
I totaled my grandma's car a few years ago. Misjudged how tired I was and dozed off on the highway. Drove into an intersection (somehow) and ended up on an upwards bank. Hit a tree, and then the car tipped over onto the driver's side and I had to climb out the passenger door. I didn't get hurt at all, but it was absolutely terrifying, especially the phone call to my dad after it happened.

That's the only accident I've been involved in behind the wheel. I am much better at judging how tired I am now and I don't drive if I feel like there's a chance I might doze off.

I was in 3 car accidents before that though. The first was when I was 6 or 7, when my dad was driving us to school and we got into a head on with a dumbass kid in his mom's jeep. I put my tooth through my lip from the impact, and I can still feel the scar there sometimes on the inside. My mom's mustang was totaled in the crash. In my second one, my dad was also driving. He got distracted and we ended up beneath the trailer of a semi that had stopped at a red light. We were all ok, and the car was back on the road after some minor repairs to the bent hood. In my third accident, it was just me and my mom's friend in her car, on our way to pick her up from work. He panicked when he almost missed the turn, so he quickly pulled a left turn into traffic and we got T-boned by a motorcycle. The car was written off but we were both ok. Unbeknownst to me, though, he didn't have a driver's license.

Aside from those, I have personally witnessed 3 accidents, one of which was a close call that almost involved myself. Because of the many accidents I've been involved in and witnessed, I have a fear of driving if anybody but me is behind the wheel. If I'm not in control of the vehicle myself, I'm on edge for most of the drive usually. It might be somewhat irrational, but idk.
I recall a few years ago you telling some of us in the SB that you hit a moose, or almost hit a moose. Or maybe that was a different Canadian member, I can't remember.

Dio

~ It's me, Dio!~
I was reversing into a space and this tree suddenly jumped out from behind me and hit my car! It was like something out of Snow White. I am a perfect driver. Those trees are not to be trusted!

Ninja

Well well well
I was reversing into a space and this tree suddenly jumped out from behind me and hit my car! It was like something out of Snow White. I am a perfect driver. Those trees are not to be trusted!

The SAME thing happened with a pole for me. Poles just want one thing and it's DISGUSTING.

Reactions: Dio

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom