• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Game Thread Amalgamation of Anime Atrocities - Traps vs Girls Mafia

Status
Not open for further replies.

Morbid Minish

Spooky Scary Skeleton.
Forum Volunteer
Would you mind explaining AI too? Is there a dictionary I missed or something?

Alignment indicative. There is a post with some common term abbreviations on it. Here ya go.
Some stuff isn't on there though, so if you have questions about what something means, just ask. :)

The arguing over to lynch or not to lynch was interesting, plus the defensive way they answered each other and kuros derp not knowing karus a girl and it all seems so legit. I would expect it to be more stilted even if it was unplanned.

Do you get anything out of it?

Hm, I can certainly see where you're coming from better now. Though I'm not really getting much from that for now. It might change depending on their later interactions, but I dunno, it's just hard for me to put much stock in interactions like that on day 1 since they aren't usually AI.

Ronin

There you are! You monsters!
Forum Volunteer
Who do you think would be a good candidate for a day one lynch and why? @Mellow Ezlo @Pendio @Mido and @EMIYA Shirou ; before anyone asks why I called them out specifically it's because I like their posts when it comes to these games, them being the most mind collected than I am
Definitely Bok, since he brought up gurls (traps are the real beauticians).

Mellow Ezlo

Spoony Bard
Hey guys, was out late tonight, went to my friend's show, talked to some chick for 45 mins, got her #, donated to the homeless, played trumpet in the street at night, took a picture with a statue of Wayne Gretzki, walked to Dennys with my friends, bought a fish off some guy on the street, and tripped trying to get out of an Uber car.

tl;dr I'll talk about **** sometime in the morning or whenever I wake up! :)

Pen

The game is on!
Who do you think would be a good candidate for a day one lynch and why?

Well, personally I'm keeping a close eye on funnier because of the reasons I stated earlier. However, I'm not suspicious enough of him to want him dead.

I would like to see some more activity from Lilac though since she's only posted twice so far.

Vote: Lilac

Lily

Mischievous Minx
Well, personally I'm keeping a close eye on funnier because of the reasons I stated earlier. However, I'm not suspicious enough of him to want him dead.

I would like to see some more activity from Lilac though since she's only posted twice so far.

You know you can ping me for my attention right? I was accused of being scum in the cross game for voting someone to get their attention.

RVS still on Emiya so

Unvote

Also personally not a fan of a D1 lynch, I'd rather wait for a flip to get a better grasp on things.

funnier6

Courage~

Are you suspicious because I tried to start a wagon or because I tried to start a wagon on you?
You know you can ping me for my attention right? I was accused of being scum in the cross game for voting someone to get their attention.

RVS still on Emiya so

Unvote

Also personally not a fan of a D1 lynch, I'd rather wait for a flip to get a better grasp on things.

A lynch gives you a better grasp on things.

karu

Panamaniac
你好 So I have a baby shower to attend to and since I have to help set up I'll most likely be active during the night.

That being said, I know it's still day one so nothing really that serious but @EMIYA Shirou is there a real reason as to why you're suspicious of Le Bok Choy? The reason you gave is reason enough to lynch him I know but is there any other reason?

Oh and if y'all want me to respond please tag me it's easier for me to get the notification since atm I'm on my phone

Mellow Ezlo

Spoony Bard
I certainly don't think I'm the most adept at setup analysis, although at the same time JK9++ isn't a new beast to some of us with Johnny's revival game being the same I believe (although the random nature of the setup obviously won't spell out guarantees right now). At the very least, as far as today goes, we have a very basic framework to reference like you have already.
Nah, Johnny's game was C9++, which is a similar but quite different set up. JK9++ focuses on more unconventional roles, such as Hider and Commuter, or Gunsmith and Tracker in place of regular cops.

Unvote

Don't really like that thought, scum could easily holster to mislead town.

There's not enough now to really propose anything, but I agree with Bok that we want a lynch, and with funnier that we might as well start making wagons. Vote: Pendio

I have to disagree, you can already begin to tell who'll be more or less active. @karu and @musicfan, for example.
Sure they can, but why would they? I can see if we have a no lynch, but if we lynch someone, why would they have any reason to holster?

Also, would you prefer to have the vig kill someone and potentially end up with three kills during the first night after we lynch someone during the first day? That's a quarter of the players dead before the start of Day 2.

I personally don't think that a day one lynch should take place. If there is a SK and if the mafia have certain roles, we could end up killing another townie plus the deaths the mafia caused? We could lose a lot of valuable players in just the first day.
I disagree. Some of our best info comes from people's voting patterns and player flips. Plus there's what Kuro mentioned and having better odds for PRs. We know, given the setup, that there are several VTs in this game, and there could be multiples of almost any PR, so we're relatively safe to lynch anybody today.

Why you had to cross all that? That actually made it more difficlut for me to read

But I guess you do have point. Furthering the discussion today we might be able to narrow our suspicion on some people and then vote on who we beleive is the scummiest. But I'm still not sure about a day one lynch.

Also, why the freak are you starting a bandwagon this early in the game funnier?! Seriously, I've only played one mafia game with you, so I'm not sure if you do this in every game but this plainly sticks out to me as scummy play
Eh, I wouldn't call funnier's move a suspicious one necessarily. While I don't agree with his initial choice for a bandwagon, I don't see him trying to start one as a scummy move. It got us all talking, after all.

Ahhhh thanks for explaining but wouldn't it be easier to just say scumbuds? If w/w means wolf and if in this case wolf means mafia then wolf could also mean another thing correct? I'm so confuzzled
I know it's already been explained, but I quoted this last night and I'm too lazy to remove the quote so I'm just gonna answer it anyway. Wolf is the commonly accepted term for Mafia on most Mafia sites. We never really used to use it here until recently, but on places like Mafia Universe, they use the terms "Wolf" and "Villager" to refer to mafia and town. Not too sure about the history of this game, but I think those terms have been around for a long time.

But aren't you like scum or against town in like every mafia game so far? And weren't you the one who started last game's bandwagon against Storm? Or was that Mellow? I don't even remember it's late and I need foob in my system. Off topic.

Who do you think would be a good candidate for a day one lynch and why? @Mellow Ezlo @Pendio @Mido and @EMIYA Shirou ; before anyone asks why I called them out specifically it's because I like their posts when it comes to these games, them being the most mind collected than I am
Right now, I'm not too sure. There are three people who have only posted 4 times, but even still, 4 posts within 36 hours isn't too bad.
I questioned funnier over his vote on Pendio, but his explanation seemed fair, even if I disagree with it. I find it rather odd, though, that Kuro voted for Pendio too for the purpose of bandwagoning over anybody else who had posted less, when Kuro himself even said that it's not too early to start talking about [in]activity. Based on that, I actually might be Ok with a Kuro lynch, though I wouldn't be opposed to lynching one of the inactives.

RVS still on Emiya so

Unvote

He could ping you, but pinging does nothing if you want to pressure people. Votes mean more than just "let's lynch this person", votes can be made for the purpose of getting people talking and seeing how they act. Pendio didn't say you were scum, he was simply trying to get you to say something.

@Pendio did Lilac's response to your pressure vote satisfy you?

Anyway, all this having been said now, I'm going to go ahead and place a tentative vote.

Vote: Kuro

Like I said above, I don't find bandwagoning early to be inherently suspicious, but I find it weird how Kuro decided to go along with funnier's vote on Pendio, whilst at the same time disagreeing with the notion that it's too early to be talking about activity in this game. Considering Pendio was (and still is) more active than a lot of other players, what made him a better target? If you still think inactivity is noteworthy this early in the game, then why didn't you vote for one of the people who actually haven't posted a lot? Even before the votes on Pendio began, he was already more active than last game, so I can't say I'm a fan of that bandwagon.

Mellow Ezlo

Spoony Bard
你好 So I have a baby shower to attend to and since I have to help set up I'll most likely be active during the night.

That being said, I know it's still day one so nothing really that serious but @EMIYA Shirou is there a real reason as to why you're suspicious of Le Bok Choy? The reason you gave is reason enough to lynch him I know but is there any other reason?

Oh and if y'all want me to respond please tag me it's easier for me to get the notification since atm I'm on my phone
Preeeeetty sure EMIYA's suspicion on Bok was a joke lol. But if it wasn't, then... idek.

karu

Panamaniac
@Kuro why did you jump onto the Mendio bandwagon? Do you find him suspicious in any way or were you just doing because why not?

And @Mellow Ezlo thank you for your input.

Funnier did get the discussion started, as you've mentioned and this may be a regular thing for him to do, starting bandwagons and such. But I haven't played often w/ him so this stuck out to me; still going to keep my eye on him, I find his play style very interesting and enjoyable.

So then I leave you for a while, but first I must ask; @funnier6 who are you suspicious of now? Surely there's enough material for you to cast your opinion.

Pen

The game is on!

Yeah I'm satisfied enough. I was going to keep my vote on just a little bit longer in case Lilac would say something else about it, but since the purpose of the vote has been discussed I'll remove it now. ^^

Unvote

I questioned funnier over his vote on Pendio, but his explanation seemed fair, even if I disagree with it. I find it rather odd, though, that Kuro voted for Pendio too for the purpose of bandwagoning over anybody else who had posted less, when Kuro himself even said that it's not too early to start talking about [in]activity. Based on that, I actually might be Ok with a Kuro lynch, though I wouldn't be opposed to lynching one of the inactives.

I do agree with this. It's also somewhat strange (at least to me) that Kuro joined that wagon on me with a pretty serious tone, yet he has barely talked about it since and he has yet to provide any evidence of his own against me. It seems to me like this could be a Mafioso trying to get an easy lynch down by joining a wagon that a Townie started on another Townie. So for now...

Ronin

There you are! You monsters!
Forum Volunteer
Honestly @karu I'm not that suspicious of anyone. Day 1 usually makes me cautious of everyone because their impressions now shape the game later. I'll give more thoughts soon.

funnier6

Courage~
Nah, Johnny's game was C9++, which is a similar but quite different set up. JK9++ focuses on more unconventional roles, such as Hider and Commuter, or Gunsmith and Tracker in place of regular cops.

Sure they can, but why would they? I can see if we have a no lynch, but if we lynch someone, why would they have any reason to holster?

Also, would you prefer to have the vig kill someone and potentially end up with three kills during the first night after we lynch someone during the first day? That's a quarter of the players dead before the start of Day 2.

I disagree. Some of our best info comes from people's voting patterns and player flips. Plus there's what Kuro mentioned and having better odds for PRs. We know, given the setup, that there are several VTs in this game, and there could be multiples of almost any PR, so we're relatively safe to lynch anybody today.

Eh, I wouldn't call funnier's move a suspicious one necessarily. While I don't agree with his initial choice for a bandwagon, I don't see him trying to start one as a scummy move. It got us all talking, after all.

I know it's already been explained, but I quoted this last night and I'm too lazy to remove the quote so I'm just gonna answer it anyway. Wolf is the commonly accepted term for Mafia on most Mafia sites. We never really used to use it here until recently, but on places like Mafia Universe, they use the terms "Wolf" and "Villager" to refer to mafia and town. Not too sure about the history of this game, but I think those terms have been around for a long time.

Right now, I'm not too sure. There are three people who have only posted 4 times, but even still, 4 posts within 36 hours isn't too bad.

He could ping you, but pinging does nothing if you want to pressure people. Votes mean more than just "let's lynch this person", votes can be made for the purpose of getting people talking and seeing how they act. Pendio didn't say you were scum, he was simply trying to get you to say something.

Anyway, all this having been said now, I'm going to go ahead and place a tentative vote.

Like I said above, I don't find bandwagoning early to be inherently suspicious, but I find it weird how Kuro decided to go along with funnier's vote on Pendio, whilst at the same time disagreeing with the notion that it's too early to be talking about activity in this game. Considering Pendio was (and still is) more active than a lot of other players, what made him a better target? If you still think inactivity is noteworthy this early in the game, then why didn't you vote for one of the people who actually haven't posted a lot? Even before the votes on Pendio began, he was already more active than last game, so I can't say I'm a fan of that bandwagon.

I'm having so much anime boys deja vu.

So far kuro seems much the same as last game so I'm only suspicious if his votes continue being strange.

He may have just been bandwagoning for sake of it without caring why but I need to reread that.
@Kuro why did you jump onto the Mendio bandwagon? Do you find him suspicious in any way or were you just doing because why not?

And @Mellow Ezlo thank you for your input.

Funnier did get the discussion started, as you've mentioned and this may be a regular thing for him to do, starting bandwagons and such. But I haven't played often w/ him so this stuck out to me; still going to keep my eye on him, I find his play style very interesting and enjoyable.

So then I leave you for a while, but first I must ask; @funnier6 who are you suspicious of now? Surely there's enough material for you to cast your opinion.

Actually Pendio is pinging me a little, idk if he was planning to be more active or if it was because of my vote but the increase in activity is not what I was expecting, especially since the day is barely half over.

Plus his vote on kuro just a little bit after Mez looks like opportunistically trying to start a counter wagon.

I have a few town leans too.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom