• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Age of the Next Link?

YIGAhim

Sole Survivor
Throughout the history of the Legend of Zelda series, Link has been many different ages, ranging from 9 to around 17.

What age do you think the next Link will be, and what age do you want the next Link to be?

karu

Panamaniac
How often do you make/post threads? You're like the Taylor Swift of the forums XD

Hmm... Link's next age? Well in the new games; Hyrule Warrior's (although be it a spin off), BoTW, and I'm not sure of Link's age in TW, but most of the recent games he's been around the older teen side. Personally, I think in the next Zelda game Link will be in his mid-teens.

Ninja

Well well well
I'm hoping for a progression of aging for Link.

From the start of the game he could be in his late teens, and by the end of the story perhaps he can visibly age and at the end game be near 30?

YIGAhim

Sole Survivor
How often do you make/post threads? You're like the Taylor Swift of the forums
I try to post as often as I get an idea, but many of my ideas are lost before I can make it here.

I don't get what you meant by the Taylor Swift thing. Does she make that many songs?

karu

Panamaniac
I try to post as often as I get an idea, but many of my ideas are lost before I can make it here.

I don't get what you meant by the Taylor Swift thing. Does she make that many songs?
True story: I was listening to taloy swift on the radio, then they played her new song next and I'm like 'oh okay she made a new song noice' then the next week they said they were going to play her new song and I though 'oh it's dah one frum last time' NOPE it's an entirety different and new song. This has happened more than once withing 3 months. She does not rest I'm surprised she didn't release as many songs as she did in previous years

Castle

Ch!ld0fV!si0n
Pan-decepticon-transdeliberate-selfidentifying-sodiumbased-extraexistential-temporal anomaly
In the spirit of gritty remakes of old action movie heroes like Logan and Han Solo, Rick Deckard, Indiana Jones and literally everything else Harrison Ford plays I'm looking forward to grizzled old man Link.

Honestly that would be kinda cool. I know ninty wouldn't dare dream of it, but we do know how the Hero of Time ends up. He could have been pretty old by then, if the tone of the Hero's Shade is any indication.

karu

Panamaniac
In the spirit of gritty remakes of old action movie heroes like Logan and Han Solo, Rick Deckard, Indiana Jones and literally everything else Harrison Ford plays I'm looking forward to grizzled old man Link.

Honestly that would be kinda cool. I know ninty wouldn't dare dream of it, but we do know how the Hero of Time ends up. He could have been pretty old by then, if the tone of the Hero's Shade is any indication.
What about a old Link teaching a younger Link who can travel through time like OoT? I'd love a game like that

What do you think Yiga? Older Link teaching time traveling younger Link?

Last edited by a moderator:

YIGAhim

Sole Survivor
That would be cool. A collaboration of efforts across the ages! It'd be hard for Nintendo to execute, though

D

Deleted member 14134

I wanna see a late 40's/early 50's version of link. Or maybe even push 60's and have him have a full beard. He'd be like a bad ass old man wizard hero of time sex icon. And make Zelda his daughter who gets kidnapped. And then he can call ganon on his shiekah slate and be like "i have a very particular set of skills so watch out" then link kills everything and gets his daughter back. Ya, that'd be cool.

YIGAhim

Sole Survivor
I mean, now that I think of it that way, it would be pretty easy to execute. I was thinking about being able to play as both ages, which would be how things would get tricky for Ninty

Jimmu

Administrator
Staff member
ZD Champion
Administrator
I just removed a few posts that were getting far off topic, be sure to move stuff like that elsewhere in the future please :)

I'd like to see a Link in his mid-late 20s. Still at a prime age to save Hyrule and a bit older than usual (more relatable too since I'll be moving into that age group by the next Zelda game anyways). The age isn't really a deal breaker anyway though, whether Link is 6 or 106 I'd probably still play.

Dio

~ It's me, Dio!~
I'm hoping for a progression of aging for Link.

From the start of the game he could be in his late teens, and by the end of the story perhaps he can visibly age and at the end game be near 30?
It was their intention to do that for Wind Waker where he would age throughout the game, but as the product was rushed to meet fan demand I imagine that was why it never made it in.

I'd like them to actually implement it in the next Zelda. It would be good to see a game taking place over many years. They could also have big time jumps such as a 5 year gap so you can see the state of Hyrule at different stages.

Aku

I would like to see an older Link, about mid to late 40's or older. Reason is, is that plausibly he might have gained a lot more to lose and be responsible for (established home or farmland owner, maybe children and a wife, aging parents that might die while he's away, etc) verses someone very young that can just roam about at will, who doesn't look like he is risking anything but himself.

This to me would add to his heroicness to have some hard decisions to grapple with, because with any of these reasons he would basically be asking himself: 'Should I leave and risk losing everything I hold dear to help other people, or should I just hunker down and remain with my loved ones, knowing they need me?)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom