• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Breath of the Wild Elemental weaknesses?

YIGAhim

Sole Survivor
In Breath of The Wild, there are several elemental weapons (such as the flameblade, and frostblade) hat many enemies wield.

Is there one that you are particularly bad at defeating, or one that always seems to be the hardest/toughest for you?

I know that ice is my weakness. On the Final Trials, in room 16 I believe it was, that moblin cheap shotted me 3 TIMES with his Blizzard rod, or whatever it was.

Shock would probably be my second weakness.

pyjamas5189

Secretly a cat
thunder.... I always get shocked and drop my equipment. The worst was eventide island I just got shocked after shock after shock it was very embarassing

I can't say any are better/worse than others ... I mean, give a boko/moblin a bow with elemental arrows (or a Lizal for that matter) and you are still playing the same "dodgeball" game as any other elemental arrow. All of them suck, but I have to say dropping equipment is the most cumbersome because you have to find it and pick it back up. The others, you either just take extra damage (fire) or you get frozen for a moment until you break free.

If talking about elemental melee weapons, it's again the same thing as just defending against normal one/two handed weapons. If you can defend against non-elemental melee weapons, there's no reason you shouldn't be able to do just as well against the elemental ones.

Elemental rods are another story. I do think the blizzard rod is the hardest to defend against because of its large "Area of Effectiveness". It's the hardest to dodge if you're close. However, if you realize some enemy is holding one, just keep your distance and use a shock arrow to make them drop it, then keep attacking until you can either A) kill the enemy, or :cool: pick up the rod and render it useless to any of the enemies in the fight.

Fire and Ice can be annoying, but Shock/Thunder is far worse imo. Dropping your weapons and scrambling to pick them up while being attacked is horrible. When it happens in the Final Trials of the Trial of the Sword it's even worse due to lack of armor.

I have an elemental weakness to how cute lynels are.

Like Az said, probably thunder just because there isn't an opposite attack for it unless there's some weird windcleaver/korok leaf stats that I don't know about. Most thunder enemies I can still take out with one hit with my bow but being overwhelmed by a bunch of them at once is never a good thing.

I have an elemental weakness to how cute lynels are.

Like Az said, probably thunder just because there isn't an opposite attack for it unless there's some weird windcleaver/korok leaf stats that I don't know about. Most thunder enemies I can still take out with one hit with my bow but being overwhelmed by a bunch of them at once is never a good thing.

Getting the rubber armor, and upgrading it to at least 2* gives you the "unshockable" buff/bonus ... it's AWESOME to use that for either lightning storms or when encountering any enemies with electricity as a "weapon" (electric keese, elec wizzrobes, or 'normal' enemies using electrical weapons or arows). In fact, the "gaunlet run" up to Zora's domain with all the Lizalfos shooting electric arrows almost becomes a joke with the upgraded rubber armor.

Dizzi

magical internet cat....
ZD Legend
the lighting cuz its the only tower that got left to the end with the electro creatures around it

Getting the rubber armor, and upgrading it to at least 2* gives you the "unshockable" buff/bonus ... it's AWESOME to use that for either lightning storms or when encountering any enemies with electricity as a "weapon" (electric keese, elec wizzrobes, or 'normal' enemies using electrical weapons or arows). In fact, the "gaunlet run" up to Zora's domain with all the Lizalfos shooting electric arrows almost becomes a joke with the upgraded rubber armor.

Actually I believe the Thunder Helm makes the Rubber Suit useless...

Shock element. I died the most trying to claim the toer surrounded by water and electric wizzrobes and lizals.

Thunderblight Ganon killed me a few times. As dod the electric arrow wielding lynel near zoras domain.

And im scuppered by electric enemies whenever it rains.

Farosh has had a few kills when ive not seen him coming.

Should wear the rubber armour more....

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom