• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Breath of the Wild Favorite Type of Bow?

YIGAhim

Sole Survivor
Do you prefer bows that have more durability, quick fire, extra zoom, or dual/tri/penta fire?

Why do you like that type more than the others? Which arrow type do you think works the best for your favorite bow type?

I like the quickshot bonus a lot. I don't always utilize the bonus, but it's there for when I need rapid fire. Quickshot lizal and lynel bows are my preferences for most cases, for normal exploration and hunting and yada. Five-shot lynel bows are handy as well, but I use those more for combat only. Quick shot is like the all-purpose bow.

Arrow types? Standard arrows usually. I've been using shock arrows more in master mode because they're what I have the most of, but I'll happily use anything but ancient arrows.

Azure Sage

March onward forever...
Staff member
ZD Legend
Comm. Coordinator
I prioritize bows in this order: attack, durability, and quick shot. Attack for obvious reasons, but durability for how long it lasts. Quick shot is the same as long throw weapons for me; its just not important to how I play. I always toss them aside if I get a bow with durability. It doesn't really matter what type of arrow I use, though Lynel bows are good for combat. I always have a savage bow or two on hand, the rest are royal bows.

Gotta have an ancient bow for those long shots you can't afford to miss, as well as to make it super easy to farm the specific dragon part you want/need ...

Gotta have a few Savage Lynel bows - 3 or 5 shot versions - and hopefully with the quick-shot or durability buff. I don't need the attack buff since they are so ridiculously powerful to begin with.

And, I just love the Great Eagle bow. It's just, great. And, being wood makes it perfect for use in a lightning storm if you need it, so that you don't use up durability on your ancient bow.

The Duplex bow is a good one to have with you as well, since it truly does double-damage with elementals, where (I think) most of the other bows only count one arrow's elemental effect, even if multiple arrows hit.

Nothing wrong with carrying some single-shot bows though ... Royal Bows and the steel Lizal bows are worth holding onto if you have an open slot, but I'm never going to pass on one of the above bows for one of these unless I know one of the above is about to break ... then I toss it, grab the royal/lizal bow for the time being, but with the intention of replacing as soon as I can with a multi-shot bow.

Aesthetically I actually like the Dragonbone Boko Bow. Since later on you mostly find them wielded by Silver bokoblins, they tend to have a bonus on them. They're good in a thunderstorm, do decent damage, and are readily available.

Aesthetically I actually like the Dragonbone Boko Bow. Since later on you mostly find them wielded by Silver bokoblins, they tend to have a bonus on them. They're good in a thunderstorm, do decent damage, and are readily available.

You're right, they are good "utility" bows ... but, if you can "afford" to keep a Great Eagle Bow with you, do it. That bow is a 28*3 wooden bow that essentially has quick-shot as a base feature. Though, some have expressed that (for whatever reasons they have) that they like to have at least one "single shot" bow ... so that brings something like the dragonbone boko bow back into play.

On a side note ... for those of you familiar with the "world reset glitch" (assuming you've also not updated to v1.3.1 yet, where they patched the glitch), you can enable the glitch and go to Rito Village after completing Van Medoh ... and if you go into the King's quarters, you can open the chest over and over and get as many of the Great Eagle Bows as you want, for free. Just grab the first one ... walk away from his quarters far enough to have the chest "reset", then walk back and grab another. :D

You're right, they are good "utility" bows ... but, if you can "afford" to keep a Great Eagle Bow with you, do it. That bow is a 28*3 wooden bow that essentially has quick-shot as a base feature. Though, some have expressed that (for whatever reasons they have) that they like to have at least one "single shot" bow ... so that brings something like the dragonbone boko bow back into play.
Nah, no thanks. I prefer simple weapons. I hate to overuse the really strong weapons. I'd much rather use the stuff that requires more skill and focus than the stuff that is simply better by numbers. I've been crying out for ages that Zelda needed a return to martial difficulty, so I'm not about to make it easier on myself now.

Jirohnagi

Braava Braava
I love multi shot bows the more multi shot the better hence why i target lynels for their savage bows, I do like the royal bow just for it's damage but out of ALL the bows it's gotta be twilight bow god damn thing is glorious, it gains strength the farther the shot and it shoots light arrows ^^ and infinite amount til it breaks sadly it's only around for a 100 or so shots and amiibo only but meh.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom