• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Times you Cracked

YIGAhim

Sole Survivor
Hey guys!

Today I'm here to see where you all gave in, and decided to use a guide.

Now, we NEVER want to use a guide (We only make them :right:;):devil::D), but there are some times where we JUST HAD ENOUGH and caved, or cracked, and decided to use a guide.

So, when did you crack? Did you EVER crack? :shrugs:o_O

DekuNut

I play my drum for you
The first time I gave in and used a guide was Phantom Hourglass. I always hated the "dig in the right place" puzzles, and completely failed at the one on the Isle of the Dead. That was actually how I discovered ZD.

YIGAhim

Sole Survivor
Cool! I never really thought about that side of the story... People finding ZD that way. Now that I think about it, that was how I discovered ZD too, but not on PH

funnier6

Courage~
Thunder blight Ganon, the last six shrines, a few quests, not a whole lot.

Oh, I thought this was just botw lol I'll add some more later.

el :BeoWolf:

When all else fails use fire
I loved using guides when I was younger because I felt like some sort of expert who knew all the secrets and was the envy of all my friends, so OoT was the first game I used a guide on. As I got older though I would just go at it by myself mostly cause I could hardly ever find the right guide and I didn't have a computer. I usually use guides now for maybe one thing I get stuck on and those games would be LoZ, AoL, OoT, OoS, and SS, and BotW, and for non Zelda games; FFX, and FFXII, and Medal of Honor Frontline

My mom had the Nintendo Power guides for A Link to the Past/Four Swords and the Collectors Edition disc. We didn't have the Collectors Edition at the time but it served as her guide to Zelda I and Zelda II, so yeh. So I'd opportunistically keep them on hand when I played because she had them. Believe it or not... I actually would get lost in the Lost Woods in A Link to the Past... who would have thought? I usually just left the map page open at all times when I was younger because I didn't want to get lost again. >:

Nicolai

The beast that dwells within the Shoutbox
5 times in my memory: Once in Skyward Sword (I mostly just didn't understand the bomb-rolling physics, and assumed it was not the answer), and four times in Zelda II: Once to find out that some key items can only be obtained after all heart pieces are found :mellow:, once to figure out that you must talk to the sleeping enemy in the house 5 times in a row before he says something different :dry:, once to find a key item in the labyrinth that you need before getting the dungeon :fpalm:, and once to find a city hidden inside a freakin' BLADE OF GRASS that you have to cut down, which by the way was a completely - random - blade of grass in the middle of nowhere! :ananger:.

pyjamas5189

Secretly a cat
I had the official guide for both the Oracle games and I loved looking through them to discover all the secrets especially after completing one of them and linking the games. I'll admit I probably jump to guides a little too fast and again it's how I discovered zd but I'm working on not looking things up too quickly a d trying to work it out for myself

I'd usually just use guides for clean-up at the end of the game... tracking down any heart containers, etc. I was missing.
Occasionally I do also look up guides for missables as well... mainly just to see where the point of no return is, so that I don't pass it without getting everything.

funnier6

Courage~
I had the official guide for both the Oracle games and I loved looking through them to discover all the secrets especially after completing one of them and linking the games. I'll admit I probably jump to guides a little too fast and again it's how I discovered zd but I'm working on not looking things up too quickly a d trying to work it out for myself

I LOVED the oracle game guidesss the artwork was amazing plus I'd never used an official guide before so it was awesome knowing everything.

Unfortunately they were my cousins and he has no idea what happened to them. :dry:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom