• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

The Death of Microsoft Paint

Dio

~ It's me, Dio!~

Dio

~ It's me, Dio!~
Update: Microsoft has said they will continue to offer Microsoft Paint and it will be a download on the store but won't come with the system by default!

athenian200

Circumspect
a place of settlement, activity, or residence.
Will it be removed from my computer if I already have it installed?

I do use Microsoft Paint a lot for very basic image operations like cropping images and moving parts of them around, annotating text, etc. I mean, I could fire up GIMP or something, but that takes forever and it's not really worth it unless I want to do something more advanced.

Castle

Ch!ld0fV!si0n
Pan-decepticon-transdeliberate-selfidentifying-sodiumbased-extraexistential-temporal anomaly
Will it be removed from my computer if I already have it installed?
I would hope that software providers can't just remove stuff from your personal storage device whenever they want.

MS Paint was a novel concept back when it first debuted. I always considered it more of a toy than a real program. By now numerous free image manipulation software does far more than even the licensed version of MS Paint does. Seriously, the current demo version of MS Paint can barely handle cropping images. By now Microsoft has just been ripping off anyone who actually paid for an Office Suite license for Paint. So they could either develop a better Paint or just keep letting Photoshop be better in every conceivable manner. Almost anything you can get online - free or licensed - is better than anything MS Suite has to offer.

Rubik

King of Lorule Lounge
As much as I love the classic Paint layout, I use MS Paint out of pure laziness. Installing a different version of it would be too much work.

DekuNut

I play my drum for you
I don't really care about Paint any more. I've learned to use GIMP, and it's so much better in every way.
I do miss Movie Maker though. There aren't a lot of good, cheap video editing softwares out there.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom