• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Characters in better games than their own

I cant think of a better way to phrase the title so i'll try and explain it before i ask question;

As an example, take FF13 and the character of Lightning. Many people disliked the FF13 trilogy which featured Lightning and mostly its main character. However Lightning also showed up in Dissidia 012 on PSP and will be in Dissidia NT on PS4, games which (in many people's opinion were enjoyable).

Likewise Mighty Gunvolt Burst features Beck from Might Number 9, which... disappointed a lot of people.

Other games such as Smash bros, Shantae in Master Blaster, Saber from Fate appearing in Nitroplus Blasterz, Marvel vs Capcom and guest characters in the likes of Soul Calibur and Tekken could also be considered here too.

So the question is; which characters have been seen in better games (or ones that you preferred) as opposed to their original games?

Ninja

Well well well
Not sure how many have played this but Megaman and Zero making an appearance in Onimusha Blade Warriors was AWESOME.

Shantae in Master Blaster
Really? She's probably the worst DLC character in Blaster Master Zero. Though Blaster Master Zero is so damn good that even she us alright in it. She's great in her Shantae games though too.

My answer is Bec in Mighty Gunvolt Burst. (repeat of what you said but I have actually played both games.)

Last edited:
Really? She's probably the worst DLC character in Blaster Master Zero. Though Blaster Master Zero is so damn good that even she us alright in it. She's great in her Shantae games though too.

My answer is Bec in Mighty Gunvolt Burst. (repeat of what you said but I have actually played boyh games.)

Shantae was just an example. I love her games but others may not.

SpiteChaotic

The lazy Chaos Bringer
Well you got Nights who loves to make lots of appearences in Sonic games.

Projrct X zone and PXZ2 have a huge cross over cast. I mean they are an interesting tactic game with some sort of intersting combat. But hey its better then the bull**** Arthur makes you do in Ghost and Goblins. So there's at least that.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom