• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Game Thread Sword Art Online: Ordinal Scale Mafia

Status
Not open for further replies.

Alita the Pun

Dmitri
@Storm to answer your question, I feel pretty neutral rn. He doesn't seem the most suspicious. All I would say is that his reasoning is a bit flawed. He uses DekuNut 's read list as evidence but a lot of other people (including me) posted read lists in the same way so I'm not sure why it only makes DekuNut the target. But I may have missed something along the way idk.

Johnny Sooshi

Just a sleepy guy
@Storm to answer your question, I feel pretty neutral rn. He doesn't seem the most suspicious. All I would say is that his reasoning is a bit flawed. He uses DekuNut 's read list as evidence but a lot of other people (including me) posted read lists in the same way so I'm not sure why it only makes DekuNut the target. But I may have missed something along the way idk.

because Deku was the first to post it and everyone else who did one, responded more or less. Deku is a fan of ISOs though, so.this doesn't really say whether he's town or scum, but I do have to agree, pushing one so early could be a scum tactic to make the player look useful or important, thus making town believe that person is also town.

Alita the Pun

Dmitri
Hmm ok, I just think it's strange that Tristan would point this out when there were others who did the same thing. But maybe I'm reading too much into this.

Mellow Ezlo

Spoony Bard
As for what you said about me, the reads list was more for myself, to process my thoughts. I shared them for people to comment on. Yes, most of my posts were null, but... it was day one, not a ton to cover.
But that's exactly the thing. If you only had one or two actual reads on people (one of which was a claimed townie), then what's the point in doing a full reads list? I'm just saying how I personally read it, and that's as scum trying to be helpful. Being the first one to post reads while also not placing a vote or labeling anybody as scummy is scummy to me.

The day-start post was mostly to get in first post of the day, which I like doing when I'm around. I doubt it's holstered scum because I see no reason for scum to holster. Yes, that would leave us in the same spot as yesterday, but it leaves them in the same spot too. They're no closer to their wincon, and aren't really making anyone seem more townie or scummy by doing so. If they killed someone who was more inactive or new, then yeah, that would be one kill closer to wincon with very little help to the town. I'd personally nominate Libk for the best confusion kill, since he had only three posts at EoD, with only 2 of them being serious. He's also a good, experienced player and didn't show any hard suspicions, but for a comment about Dom that had everyone confused and would make it so nobody got an answer, possibly framing Dom in the process (assuming Dom's town).

I'll make another non-defense post in a bit, but wanted to get this out there.
Why do you feel the need to get in the first post of the day though? There's really no point if you don't have much to say. As for the rest, the fact that you find it unlikely that scum holstered is exactly why I think they did, because it's unexpected and gets us nowhere. It's what I'd do if I were scum, and I can see that play coming from any of the experienced players in this game, including you.

I just don't think both scum were inactive enough to forget to kill, especially with at least five experienced players in this game. At least one of them would have said something, surely.

Hypotheticals get us nowhere fast. it's glad to know I'm a null for you, because well.... I'm a bit irratic at best.

but you kinda just made one of my scum pair theories set well.

you're probably a VT, so, I'm not going to ask you for any information, but maybe list town from townly to scummiest. Ironically I am actually finding you to be the trustworthy one this game
I don't like ranking people from towniest to scummiest, I don't find it any more helpful than simply posting who you find townie, who you find scummy, and who you find neutral. That being said, you know who my main suspects are right now. I believe Zachie to be town, because he hasn't presented any reason for us to disbelieve his claim and it's hard to imagine a newbie fake claiming like that (but I'm not ruling out the possibility). Domo has kind of been all over the place, but it's typical newbie behaviour so I can't say much there. You know how I feel about you. The others are null at best because of their little posts, but Libk has explained his inactivity and Pendio has a slight, very slight, town lean for me.

Yes, the power roles could have claimed if they were about to be lynched, but that would still put us in a bad place, almost as bad as lynching them anyways. If we made it to where one of them had to claim, mafia would know who they were and get rid of them early on. I've held this same opinion in previous games, so it's not really unusual for me. I don't really find your scenario of why I was advocating a no-lynch to make sense either. If I were scum, I wouldn't have risked using that as a way to not get either of us lynched. It would have been a random lynch, and with only two scum and no particular person really in danger at that moment, it would have been better for scum to go for a lynch.
And this reasoning is exactly why I actually find it suspicious, because you used the most townie reason you could find to encourage the no lynch. It may not make sense to you right now, but think about it.

I am a bit curious as to why you feel good about Pendio though. You seemed to have singled him out while also saying he and Johnny haven't said/done enough for you to have a decent read on them. Is there something about Pendio and not Johnny that makes you feel differently about the two?
For me, it was mostly his post asking about why everybody was unvoting. I can see scum saying that, but it seemed to come from a genuine place. It's not enough to make me say "Pendio is a townie" though, because he hasn't posted enough for me to read him properly, which is why he's null with a slight town lean.

any reason you ignored me, Tristan?
I responded to Pendio's post because I had just woken up and wanted make a quick post in response before I went out. His was the latest post so I just responded to his. I didn't ignore you.

well... two hour time difference or not

Vote: Mellow Ezlo
aww senpai noticed me :senpaipls:

Mellow Ezlo

Spoony Bard
Johnny didn't do a full list, he merely responded to Deku's reads; it's not the same. You posted a full list, but it was also after Deku did, and you're also new to the game.

But in Deku's case, it's not the list alone, it's the fact that he didn't label anybody as leaning scum or place any votes. As Pendio said, Deku was against no lynches, yet didn't vote to prevent it, which the same could be said about me, but I was working all day and literally couldn't post in here. Deku, on the other hand, was still posting, and after a full list of reads, you'd think there would be somebody he could vote for. But there wasn't. Hence why I think he posted it as an attempt to look helpful, while also not throwing a scumbud under the bus or declaring suspicion on someone he knew to be town. Listing everyone as null is a "safe" way to do it if he's scum.

Alita the Pun

Dmitri
I see that clears up a lot. And sorry if I've been all over the place, I've kind of been learning as I go. I'm still pretty new to this and really just saying whatever seems the most suspicious to me.

Morbid Minish

Spooky Scary Skeleton.
Forum Volunteer
And this reasoning is exactly why I actually find it suspicious, because you used the most townie reason you could find to encourage the no lynch. It may not make sense to you right now, but think about it.

Sure, I see how it can look suspicious, especially because I always get some suspicion on me when I say this same exact thing in other games. And in all of those games I was town. Just like your explanation of how you always hold the same opinion of a no-lynch, I've always held this same opinion in other games. There are other reasons besides scummy ones for me to hold this opinion.

For me, it was mostly his post asking about why everybody was unvoting. I can see scum saying that, but it seemed to come from a genuine place. It's not enough to make me say "Pendio is a townie" though, because he hasn't posted enough for me to read him properly, which is why he's null with a slight town lean.

Thanks for that explanation. It certainly makes sense, and does make Pendio seem a bit townie at the moment.

DekuNut

I play my drum for you
But that's exactly the thing. If you only had one or two actual reads on people (one of which was a claimed townie), then what's the point in doing a full reads list? I'm just saying how I personally read it, and that's as scum trying to be helpful. Being the first one to post reads while also not placing a vote or labeling anybody as scummy is scummy to me.
I didn't have my opinions solidified until I was doing the reads list already. If I knew where I stood, I wouldn't have done the reads list. Putting it into words helped me organize my thoughts, and if I'd written it anyways, why not share it? I gave my reasons on who I may vote, and I didn't because I just got busy. A lot happened that night, I didn't get back on until after EoD, and haven't really had a ton of time to read what I said I'd read (I know, I'm terrible). I'll try to get around to that now. Not a lot of what I've seen of D2 thus far has moved me, but I'll try to get a vote out before I go to bed tonight.

Why do you feel the need to get in the first post of the day though? There's really no point if you don't have much to say.
Childish competitiveness? I dunno. I just do.

As for the rest, the fact that you find it unlikely that scum holstered is exactly why I think they did, because it's unexpected and gets us nowhere. It's what I'd do if I were scum, and I can see that play coming from any of the experienced players in this game, including you.
It gets us nowhere, and it gets them nowhere. I could see it if I could see it benefiting them, but they have little reason to put off kills. It's not like they have power roles that charge up or something. All they're doing is prolonging the game and giving the town more time to plan. The mafia are in charge at night, the town are in charge during the day. If nothing happens during the day, that's usually good for scum, bad for town. If nothing happens at night, that's usually good for town, bad for scum. It seems idiotic to me, especially in a game where we really weren't all that disorganized Day One.

I just don't think both scum were inactive enough to forget to kill, especially with at least five experienced players in this game. At least one of them would have said something, surely.
I agree with that. While it isn't impossible, it's highly unlikely.

DekuNut

I play my drum for you
I don't have any strong ones right now. All I've got, as I said before, was maybe Storm and Dom.
I'd like to add that this is far from the first time I've struggled to find someone I think is scummy. Tristan's provided his reasons for Minish, but I don't view no-lynches as scummily as he does - I view them as stupid, sure, but I know there are plenty of people whose playstyles include such a thing on Day One. I don't agree with it, but that doesn't seem lynch-worthy to me.
Gonna go finally read that thing I promised now.
@Libk @Zachie Blade y'all haven't posted yet today

Mido

Version 1
CURRENT VOTE TALLY
DekuNut - 2 (Mellow Ezlo, Pendio)

Yet to vote: Zachie Blade, Storm, DekuNut, Minish_Link, Johnny Sooshi, Libk, Domozilla777.

With 9 alive, it takes 5 for a majority lynch. The day will end on Friday, June 23rd, at 11:00 PM Eastern Time.

On this note, since it seems the day's been sort of drab in activity, I'm open to extending the day period. @Libk, @Zachie Blade, @Storm, @Mellow Ezlo, @DekuNut, @Pendio, @Minish_Link, @Johnny Sooshi, @Domozilla777; what say you all?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom