• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

The silly things that hinder your enjoyment of a zelda game

I will start:

Links' Awakening - The fact that it keeps telling you the same things over and over again! If you don't have the power bracelet equipped, and accidentally make contact with a liftable rock (which happened a lot with me), it will constantly tell you that it is too heavy to lift. Which you already know as you have been told repeatedly! It will never stop telling you this throughout the entire game if you don't have the appropriate item equipped, same with the Pegasus blocks etc. Again, information you already know! Very annoying, and a flaw that really did not need to be in the game, and really could have been easily fixed! Also, it will tell you every time the effect of those defense acorns / power items, unable to skip it, when you clearly already know the information! AND it keeps telling you the features of the compass every time you collect a compass. I replayed this game recently, and I enjoyed it, but damn, these things really annoyed me!

Let's hear yours.

Motion controls in Skyward Sword
The Imprisoned in Skyward Sword
Ghirahim in Skyward Sword
Zelda in Skyward Sword
The sky in Skyward Sword
The Silent Realms in Skyward Sword
Revisiting the provinces in Skyward Sword
Tadtones in Skyward Sword
Scrapper in Skyward Sword
Mogmas in Skyward Sword
Fi in Skyward Sword
Link's lips in Skyward Sword

Rain in Sky-erm-Breath of the Wild
Yunobo in Breath of the Wild

The fact that the masks do very little in OoT (though we got MM out of the concept so cant really complain).

The overworld map being more like a maze/dungeon in Minish Cap

Everything about PH
Everything about FS & FSA & TFH

The fact that Lorule in ALBW has large portions of it missing. Makes it feel as if it has less content than ALTTP

How horrible Link looks in ALBW

Tingle in Wind Waker
Tingle in Majora's Mask

Last edited:

Dio

~ It's me, Dio!~
Definitely this. It's a good job we only see the back of his head for most of the time. His lips disgust me in Skyward.

Other aesthetic issues I take with SS's design aren't silly but the designs themselves are silly. So basically most character and enemy designs in the game could be listed here.

Anyway other silly things that hinder my enjoyment include:

The innapropriate music of SS. Batreaux's theme to introduce Demise. The waltz that accompanies a battle with the stalfos. Is this a deadly battle or are we to dance?

The way Kaepora Gaebora's 'would you like to hear what I said again?' question is designed so you always pound the a button to get through his endless spew of verbal diarrhoea and then click yes by mistake.

Link and other characters head sizes in Wind Waker.

TFH and FS, FSA. Whilst I take major issue with their existence and its not exactly a silly matter with it being a tragedy that these were actually made and in the proces dragging the entire series down into the muck because of it. I guess they qualify as being silly games so I feel I can list them here.

The control scheme of PH

The fact you can do loads of harder shrines in BoTW before actually getting to the tutorial one in Kakariko.

Vanessa28

Angel of Darkness
Staff member
ZD Legend
Administrator
FI in SS.
The Imprisoned in SS.
The whole transporting system in SS. Seriously? Going from point A to B and you have to go back into the damn sky the whole damn time?????
Ghirahim in SS.
Batreaux true self in SS. Gosh, that guy really shouldn't even have tried to become human because I saw no difference at all! He still looks scary and creepy as **** even though he is a good guy after all.
SS in general. I liked nothing about it except for the silent realms. They gave me at least some satisfaction.
Purah in BotW. I got the dutch version of the game (read, dutch subtitles) and really...do we have to say clicky clicky the whole time we talk?? Ugh..... *facepalm*
Tingle in every game.
Snotty kid in WW. Yuck

YIGAhim

Sole Survivor
Motion controls in Skyward Sword
The Imprisoned in Skyward Sword
Ghirahim in Skyward Sword
Zelda in Skyward Sword
The sky in Skyward Sword
The Silent Realms in Skyward Sword
Revisiting the provinces in Skyward Sword
Tadtones in Skyward Sword
Scrapper in Skyward Sword
Mogmas in Skyward Sword
Fi in Skyward Sword
The only 2 I agree with in that is:

Link's Lips (Gross)

The Imprisoned (Because avacados are gross)

SS is amazing, you noobs.

Vanessa28

Angel of Darkness
Staff member
ZD Legend
Administrator
The only 2 I agree with in that is:

Link's Lips (Gross)

The Imprisoned (Because avacados are gross)

SS is amazing, you noobs.
I noticed you did this a couple of times before. This is a personal opinion so there is nothing to agree or disagree with. You got your opinion about SS and Spirit and other members got theirs. And if you like SS, cool, keep it that way. But there are always people who don't like a game as much as others do. And that's cool too.

pyjamas5189

Secretly a cat
Definately agree with the Links Awakening stuff those messages are annoying and also how when the owl is finished the response to "would you like me to repeat that" is preset to yes grrrrrrrr

Castle

Ch!ld0fV!si0n
Pan-decepticon-transdeliberate-selfidentifying-sodiumbased-extraexistential-temporal anomaly
The toon-graphics. Yes, it's silly. Yes, it completely undermines the major reason I play zelda games. So it's kind of a big deal for me, kay?

Why are we listing individual things in Suckward Skorf when just mentioning the title will suffice?

I'll second Kaepora's unnecessary exposition dumps. And that asinine thing they do where you immediately press the B button again to keep skiping the text but all it does is immediately make the selection that causes him to REPEAT EVERYTHING HE JUST SAID ALL OVER AGAIN!!! That, and sometimes you can skip the text and sometimes ............ it .............. starts ............. crawling ................ along ................... like ................... this ...................... and .................... there's .......................... nothing ........................ you ................... can ....................... do ......................... about ...................... it

USELESS IRRITATING SIDEKICKS MUST DIE!!! so basically all of them except Midna (okay maybe I'll make an exception for Zelda in ST. Tatl's alright I guess.)

YIGAhim

Sole Survivor
Music makes or breaks the game for me
I sorta agreee with you there.

Music + visuals (Like the Forest Temple in Ocarina of Time) = Nostalgia, which is one of the main reassons people enjoy the game, and want to come back.

Now, for me, music isn't EVERYTHING, but, (And I don't like admitting this) music plays a lot bigger of a role in Zelda games for me than most people (Or, at least, more than it should). I replay Ocarina of Time MAINLY for 2 reasons:

1- The Forest Temple (Nostalgia, and right now, I'm thinking it's the best Zelda dungeon of all time)
2- Ganondorf (He's awesome, especially in this game)

Now, Breath of The Wild had a lot of nice music (I LOVED the regular fight music), but I agree when people say that it lacked severely on music.

I feel that Breath of The Wild focused on quantity more than quality, and there needs to be a good ix of both to have a truly special game.

I sorta agreee with you there.

Music + visuals (Like the Forest Temple in Ocarina of Time) = Nostalgia, which is one of the main reassons people enjoy the game, and want to come back.

Now, for me, music isn't EVERYTHING, but, (And I don't like admitting this) music plays a lot bigger of a role in Zelda games for me than most people (Or, at least, more than it should). I replay Ocarina of Time MAINLY for 2 reasons:

1- The Forest Temple (Nostalgia, and right now, I'm thinking it's the best Zelda dungeon of all time)
2- Ganondorf (He's awesome, especially in this game)

Now, Breath of The Wild had a lot of nice music (I LOVED the regular fight music), but I agree when people say that it lacked severely on music.

I feel that Breath of The Wild focused on quantity more than quality, and there needs to be a good ix of both to have a truly special game.
Well, it's not exactly EVERYTHING, but it is a huge part to me. I'm just a huge fan of Zelda music, so when an ost is great, I hold the game in higher esteem

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom