• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Favourite episode from the Indigo League?

athenian200

Circumspect
a place of settlement, activity, or residence.
Hmm... a very good question.

I have several favorites, but narrowing the question down to a single episode would be difficult. This is the season of Pokémon I've watched the most, though. I even recorded most of the season on VHS in order to rewatch later, because I didn't think there would be reruns or anything. So I actually have tapes with the original 1990s commercials and everything that I still watch from time to time, although the tapes do seem like they're probably going to degrade faster because I recorded them in EP mode.

I think, in all honesty, I would have to go with Haunter vs. Kadabra. The stakes are so high in that battle, higher than usual for Pokémon. It's a very serious episode. The consequences of losing are more than just not progressing in the quest, they could include being trapped forever in the form of a toy. Also, I like the way it delves into Sabrina's psyche, and the way she represses a part of herself that makes her a very strong trainer, and yet somehow causes her to become cold and lose a bit of her humanity in the process... and that other part splintering off, expressing itself in totally inappropriate ways. Like turning people into dolls. It's all very psychological and thought-provoking.

You have to wonder how many of us do become like Sabrina as we get older and try to become adults... do we just repress our childish side and convince ourselves we've outgrown it, with unintended consequences when those repressed tendencies resurface? Perhaps a lot of us have internally and metaphorically the same kind of problem Sabrina manifests in a more literal and extreme way. A personality fragmented by trauma into different and incompatible faces, to the point that we can't be sure which of them is really "us" anymore.

Storm

Ghost of The Roleplay Section
I like the episode where ash is on an adventure with Misty and Brock, but then Team Rocket Shows up, and they try to steal Pikachu, but Pikachu uses Thunderbolt and they blast off again

Stitch

AKA Patrick
I'm gonna have to say the first episode "Pokémon - I Choose You". It is an excellent example of what a pilot episode should be. A great story on its own, while introducing us to ideas that will be explored throughout the series.

Vanessa28

Angel of Darkness
Staff member
ZD Legend
Administrator
Geesh, it's so hard to just choose one. I like all episodes so far. I can't really say which episode is my fav. I do like the ep Athenian was talking about. But I also love the episode when the pokemons are lost and have to find their trainers again and work together. But every episode with Team Rocket is a winner in my eyes.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom