• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Do you have a good memory?

Do you have a good memory?

• Yes

Votes: 8 47.1%
  • No

Votes: 3 17.6%
  • Hi I'm Dory

Votes: 6 35.3%

• Total voters

Dio

~ It's me, Dio!~
Do you have a good memory? I often find people telling me the same stories or asking the same questions of me on a regular basis. I wonder to myself how exactly they had forgotten telling me before. I can even give a different reply each time and they don't question why it has changed.

My memory isn't great with remembering what dates things need to be done on. I need them written down and have to text myself so I know what I need to do later. But I rarely forget conversations I have with people and often remember the finer points . I wonder perhaps if people have different areas of memory they are strong with whilst being able to be weak in others and it is not as simple as just having a good memory or a bad memory.

I'm terrible with names but always remember faces for another example.

What about you, what are you good at remembering and what are you bad at?

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
Yes I have one really good memory and it's when my mom and dad first bought the table in the dining room. Before that, we didn't have a table or chairs, so we would get breakfast at the countertop like it was a bar. We would "order" food and pay mama with our allowances for special stuff like blueberry pancakes. Then we got the table and it was the most beautiful table ever. It still is, really. Everytime I sit at it even though I don't live at home anymore, I feel like I'm just at home.

Dio

~ It's me, Dio!~
Yes I have one really good memory and it's when my mom and dad first bought the table in the dining room. Before that, we didn't have a table or chairs, so we would get breakfast at the countertop like it was a bar. We would "order" food and pay mama with our allowances for special stuff like blueberry pancakes. Then we got the table and it was the most beautiful table ever. It still is, really. Everytime I sit at it even though I don't live at home anymore, I feel like I'm just at home.
Is that the one you use when conjuring your patronus?

Azure Sage

March onward forever...
Staff member
ZD Legend
Comm. Coordinator
My memory is very... selective. I can remember most if not all of the details to several different stories that are only in my head that I've been working on for years. But something I was told to do 5 minutes ago? lol bye. I'm also pretty bad at remembering names and matching them to faces.

My short-term memory is pretty hit-or-miss because I'm such a distracted person. I'm not always, like, mentally present (I meditate a lot), so, like, even within several minutes, I have difficulty recalling the events previous. A horrible example: when I watch tv with my family in the evening, more oft than not, on a commercial break, I completely forget what show we were watching and am very determined to remember, without any aid, before the commercial break is over. Because of this, and my thoughts being so scattered, I frequently do this thing where I backtrack my train of thought, trying to figure out what led me to think about what I currently am thinking about.

My long-term memory, however, is incredibly sharp. I am also great with names (and faces too, to a degree); I'm good with remembering details of a first meeting with a person in general. To a point where if the second meeting with the person is a year or so after the fact of the initial introduction, that I actually frighten the person for remembering things (including their name), and it's quite evident that they don't actually remember me at all and think I'm some creepy stalker. So now social protocal suggests I just feign forgetfulness or something to prevent making them uncomfortable. Another horrible example: during my freshman orientation in highschool, I sat next to this person during lunch and we conversed a bit. Then I saw them in the hallway junior year and said hi to them and they completely flipped the **** out.

Last edited:

Vanessa28

Angel of Darkness
Staff member
ZD Legend
Administrator
The same as Satan. My short term memory can be gruesome sometimes. And I also have this stupid habit of my brains to boot up properly. Buuuuuuut my longterm memory is excellent. My mom had a friend she knew way before I was born. I only saw this guy when I was like 4 years old. And very briefly. After this I didn't see him or heard his voice again until I was like 16 years old. I had him on the phone and he asked me if I knew who he was. I said his name and he went completely silent. The only thing he could say was "totally amazing and creepy. You remembered me even after all those years". It still happens when I see a face. I remember who it is and where we met etc. But my short term memory is really bad. I can think about something to do and not even 5 sec later I wonder what I was about to do again.

Dan

Same as everyone above. Short term isn't great and my mind will often play tricks on me. Did I lock the door? Well I have to be 100% certain as I don't want anything bad to happen! I'll drive all the way back home just to make sure even though I'm quite certain I did lock it.

Beauts

Rock and roll will never die
I actually have an incredible memory. One of the only skills I have in life is remembering **** nobody else will. I'm not counting forgetting irrelevant details in the short term because everyone does that and that doens't mean you have a bad memory. But I remember 99% of events things perfectly. You do know that everyone's brains work differently though right? Some people remember things by visual triggers, other auditory or by taking park. I remember mainly by talking things through - either by being told- or visually.

NayruKasai

"Don't take us so lightly."
I can't remember things that happened when I was younger than about 8 unless it was really iconic. I can remember certain things people have said or done, mostly random and funny things. Can't remember s*** when I comes to school unless I'm actually good at that specific topic or I like the subject. I've managed to memorise about 244 song lyrics. I'm sure those will come in handy come October HSC

...NOT!

Jamie

Till the roof comes off, till the lights go out...
trans-pan-demi-ethno-christian-math-autis-genderfluid-cheesecake
Memory is one of my strongest skills. For example, on one of my exams lately I knew basically nothing. We had a list of questions that'd be on the exam and so I went through them one time. Every time I got it wrong I look at the answer key. Didn't have to go through it a second time to get 96% on that section.

Yes and No. I can remember some stuff for an extremely long time, generally if I'm interested in it, of it's useful information to me. But as far as long term memories go for me, there are so many things I have no memory of. It's almost a blessing and a curse, because when I play games I used to love over, it's almost as if I'm playing them again for the first time. Right now I'm playing Minish Cap over, and I remember almost nothing about it. I have to solve puzzles over basically for the first time. But this is not always the case, games I worshiped as a child like Links Awakening I had a much better memory of, not perfect, but solid.

I do wish it was a bit better, it sucks going from like Witcher 2 into Witcher 3 and having forgot everything about the back story.

pyjamas5189

Secretly a cat
I've scrolled down and forgotten the subject :s my memory is quite weird I can recite whole movie scripts from memory but get given a verbal shopping list and I've forgotten by the time I get to the shop. I'm also one of those that walks into a room with no idea why I did it.
Also (and I really hope I'm not the only one or this could be embarrassing) sometimes I'm talking to my family about a memory I have as a kid and it turns out I actually dreamt it!!!!

Justac00lguy

BooBoo
I have a good selective memory. If I find something or someone interesting then I'll remember a lot of details. If not then I'll just forget like a minute later. My worst trait is how quickly I forget people's names. Like literally right after they say it. Especially since people always remember my name too.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom