• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Biggest Letdowns in Gaming

Salem

SICK
Whenever there's a game series that I like, when a mediocre entry come out, I just avoid buying it and wait for the future good one, with that said, the reason I haven't played Triforce heroes isn't because I think it's bad, it's because I have no one to play it with...

Anyway, there are times when I buy the new games in a series dispite the bad reputaion, They are Mega Man X6 and X7, I skipped X8, dispite hearing it was actually better.

Sonic Heroes I liked but it rated as "average" by critics, Shadow the Hedgehog in the other hands was disappointing.

CrimsonCavalier

Fuzzy Pickles
Time for my Tri Force heroes post.

I refuse to even acknowledge that game exists. I hate them for ruining the series like they have.

Skyrim's story and factions being undercooked, Fable transitioning from action-RPG to straight up action-adventure game

I particularly agree with these two points. Skyrim was the low point of the series in general, and after a while, I couldn't keep playing Fable. It just got tedious.

Dio

~ It's me, Dio!~
Every sonic since Shadow The Hedgehog has been a dissapointment.

Sonic unleashed was unbearable along with sonic 06 and Sonic generations was good yet had an incredibly short story to it.

I'd say Skyward Sword but I expected it to suck so I guess it wasn't a surprising disappointment... Same goes for Other M.

Hmm... Tales of Xillia 2 I guess, I loved the first game but number two felt like a rushed fan fiction. The characters were ruined, the story wasn't too interesting and the twists came cheaply by denying you information that shouldn't have been kept secret, the new locations felt uninspired and cheap and the new lead character was a true waste of potential.

The additions to the battle system were fun but only applied to one character so that was wasted too, as was the level system.

Plus there was far too much gating in tragic attempts to pad out the play time.

Super Smash Bros 4 for me is the most recent game I have played that really didappointed me. Sure the multiplayer is solid but all of the single player there is such a let down. A durect clone of the Melee single player modes in SSB4 would have been an improvement on what single player SSB4 did get. Also many of the trophies are gated behind this garbage single player. A real disappointment.

Reactions: Dio
D

Deleted member 81859

The inclusion of Triforce Heros into the timeline.

Nintendo, what the actual ****?

mαrkαsscoρ

Mr. SidleInYourDMs
yeah i didn't care at all for triforce heroes but its existence didn't really bother me like....some people
however,i seriously think nintendo including it in the franchise canon was a mistake and an unneeded move

ectoBiologist

Still Fandom Trash
I'm going to make multiple posts here as there are a few games I need to talk about, but as this is a Zelda forum I will start with...dun dun duuuuuuh!

Skyward Sword!
After the fantastic Twilight Princess which became my favourite game of all time, I was obviously excited for a new 3D Zelda.
I would search for all official information regarding the game and seek out any rumours. One of the things promised by Nintendo was that the art style used would be the one from Twilight Princess. I was happy with that, I liked that art direction. It was the natural style to use following Majoras Mask.

Then there was a big rumor. The Valley of the flood' was to be the title of the new Zelda. That sounded great to me. It would have been refreshing to have a game where link does not succeed for once. However this rumour turned out to be false which was a shame but I hope was restored when the true nature of the game was to be revealed.

The game was to be called Skyward Sword, which was and remains to this day, a stupid name. The trailer for it was crap to put it kindly, it looked nothing like Twilight Princess, Link himself looked horrible. There was not a single epic trailer released for the game like TP, WW and OOT before it, all had received riders of doom trailers however SS was not worthy of this honour.

It was revealed SS was to be a prequel to OOT, a game considered to be the greatest of all time which left the player with so many questions that needed answering. Who were the sheikah, where did bongo bongo come from? What was the hero of the Gorons like who slayed Volvagia?How was the master sword actually created? What were Ganondorfs origins?

SS was surely going to be the game to answer these questions. Aounuma said if you play OOT first then SS will explain some things. So naturally we expected a revelation, what had they really intended to have happened before OOT?

It was after completion I realised we had been done over as fans. We who cared about the story and lore of Zelda. Aounuma didn't have a ****ing clue what was supposed to come before OOT, he was making it all up as he went along, disregarding what had been said in games coming before. The master sword was not made by sages as had previously been explained. link just held a pre existing sword in a few fires and then pointed it at the sky. Ganondorf was a reincarnation of a Demon King who had but a few minutes of screen time. Explanations about the sheikah, Bongo Bongo, Volvagia...not even touched on! The story was overly simplistic adding almost nothing to the lore, a total downgrade from Twilight princess which added to the lore with the Twilight realm and dark interlopers.

The promised changes to the formula. Well that barely happened at all. The overworld was just segmented even more than usual and puzzles were scattered everywhere taking away any joy of exploration. Good parts from previous entries such as hidden skills and the parry attack were removed, problems such as when picking up an insect or rupee resulting in a game stopping message after resuming from a previous save were still present.

For a new game which took 5 years for us to get, it added practically nothing beneficial to the series other than being a new entry and giving me a good idea of what I dont want in the next Zelda. An utter disappointment in almost every way, Skyward Sword was the first mediocre 3D game in Zelda and I am really hoping not to have to endure another.
FINALLY! SOMEONE AGREES!

Terminus

If I was a wizard this wouldn't be happening to me
The Assassin's Creed 2 DLC. I love the game, but I didn't realize until looking it up that I'd played through the DLC missions. They just sliced content from the base game and even though I bought the full editions I still felt cheated.

Browen

xXThatReallyEmoNameXx
What in the holy hell is Nintendo doing to my fire emblem? Leon to Leo? Why? Zero to Niles? why? Ryoma to Roma?

Browen

xXThatReallyEmoNameXx
Dark Souls 2 wasn't a great game. It's not like it has bad content, but B team made it simple. They made a lot of clones from dark souls 1 or simplistic fights. Magic was always the go-to for players and could one shot must things. They spent more time on multiplayer that the actual game. When Bloodborne came out it took some time, but it felt like a souls game. it had a dark twist and was "bloodsucking" at times. Magic was weak so you had to melee through everything. You couldn't get op equipment and tank through everything, you had to learn to doge every attack that came at you and read the enemy. So why does bloodborne beat Dark Souls 2 at being a souls game?

Sydney

The Good Samaritan
Destiny.

Mostly because the story is nonexistent, and if you wanted to know about any of the lore you're forced to go online and look it up yourself. Not to mention Bungie has no idea how to balance weapons in order to make PvP an enjoyable experience. Also the game is disgustingly repetitive, with end-game content that is far easier than it should be. Not to mention Destiny is far too brutal for new players, forcing them to grind and spend hours upon hours on the game if they want to reach the level cap, only to inevitably make it more difficult for them to reach upper light levels because of how absolutely ****ty the rewards system is, leaving them stuck in an odd limbo between light levels 260-280. The game can be fun -- especially if you play with friends as it makes the experience far more tolerable, but playing by oneself is simply infuriating.

Regardless, I will still spend $40 on the next DLC which will probably contain 5 story missions that take 10 minutes each to complete, and a raid that I will have no use of playing in a matter of 2-3 weeks. Thanks Bungo, Kappa.

Also wtf did Nintendo do to the Zelda series? Wtf is Triforce Heroes and TP "HD"??? Ninty pls.

The Assassin's Creed 2 DLC. I love the game, but I didn't realize until looking it up that I'd played through the DLC missions. They just sliced content from the base game and even though I bought the full editions I still felt cheated.

The AC series is a joke, man. Unless they pull something amazing, it'll always be a letdown. I wish Ubisoft would git gud.

Browen

xXThatReallyEmoNameXx
I loved the Dark Souls 1 lore. You could find most of it in game, however dark souls 2 is hard to find. In DS 1 you have the choice at the end. DS 2 is when you throw yourself into the flame to make peace last a little longer. Dark Souls 3 will be about what happens after you don't throw yourself into the fire and let the hell come at full speed.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom