• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Things That Are on Your Mind

Jimmu

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Were you close?
I was not close really but my parents were close with her, I've never met her father either. I wouldn't say it hugely upsets me personally, I mean, I obviously feel really upset for her and all though. It really makes you think about how sudden things like that could happen without notice though, nothing is forever and you'll almost never know exactly when your or anyone else's time will be up so I think it is a wake up call to not forget that because you would never want you last memories with someone to be negative.

Vanessa28

Angel of Darkness
Staff member
ZD Legend
Administrator
I was not close really but my parents were close with her, I've never met her father either. I wouldn't say it hugely upsets me personally, I mean, I obviously feel really upset for her and all though. It really makes you think about how sudden things like that could happen without notice though, nothing is forever and you'll almost never know exactly when your or anyone else's time will be up so I think it is a wake up call to not forget that because you would never want you last memories with someone to be negative.
I know the feeling Jimmy. I had this happening to me earlier this year. I was on the phone with my best friend and 2 days later she got a very heavy heartattack and died one week later. It was completely unexpected. Both for me and her family.

It turns out my statistics professor is a Zelda fan. He was telling us how his younger brother tried to act out the franchise by attempting to kill him and then use a "potion" to deal the damage taken when they were kids. Yeah...

Unfortunately, he had the intial mistake of calling it "The Legend of Link". Luckily, he corrected himself. :P. At least he didn't say he was playing as Zelda.

Beauts

Rock and roll will never die
Rest in peace my old friend. You were one of the nicest people I was ever lucky enough to spend time with and I can't believe it's been a year. I'll always remember you for being the life and soul of every crazy house party and for the fact that everybody who knew you loved you, every meet up people would be asking each other if you were coming and what time you'd get there. I wish you'd loved yourself as much as other people loved you and I hope you found peace now.

Jirohnagi

Braava Braava
So I finally found out today why my toe has been killing me for two weeks; I have an ingrown toenail and I need surgery to fix it. fml

Really I've never heard of surgery for that and Ingrown nails run in my family, I just dig in with nail clippers and then rip it out. Hurts like hell but a few times it works well. Also it's caused by ill fitting shoes :P

Azure Sage

March onward forever...
Staff member
ZD Legend
Comm. Coordinator
Really I've never heard of surgery for that and Ingrown nails run in my family, I just dig in with nail clippers and then rip it out. Hurts like hell but a few times it works well. Also it's caused by ill fitting shoes :P
The doctor said digging it out isn't recommended. And my shoes fit just fine so I don't think that's it in my case. hmmm

Beauts

Rock and roll will never die
So I finally found out today why my toe has been killing me for two weeks; I have an ingrown toenail and I need surgery to fix it. fml

I heard this can also be to do with the way you cut your toe nails. People try to cut them too short and too straight instead of their natural shape and thus it ends up growing inwards. I hope the surgery goes well though, it runs in my family too (I don't have it luckily) and it's a horrible pain to have to live with.

Azure Sage

March onward forever...
Staff member
ZD Legend
Comm. Coordinator
I heard this can also be to do with the way you cut your toe nails. People try to cut them too short and too straight instead of their natural shape and thus it ends up growing inwards. I hope the surgery goes well though, it runs in my family too (I don't have it luckily) and it's a horrible pain to have to live with.
That's probably what happened. My mom had it before and I tend to get what she got so it could also be that. :ananger:

As of October 16, 2015, DARK MASTER's new name is "pop".

Okay, for some context, DM, Lozjam, and I were having a Skype call yesterday while each of us were playing the Tri Force Heroes demo, and DM was streaming his 3DS. When he started up the game, it didn't display his 3DS name, as it should, for some reason. So he had to ask the kid standing in the library for a name change.:lol:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom