• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Things That Are on Your Mind

Jamie

Till the roof comes off, till the lights go out...
trans-pan-demi-ethno-christian-math-autis-genderfluid-cheesecake
I can imagine, being Canada and all. It is hits 0 here we freak out too, that isn't very often though.
oh

last year in calgary i experienced -50 with windchill

my plane doors froze, the deicer wouldnt dethaw them, so they had to get torches. it was in the middle of a blizzard. i thought i was going to die walking 30 seconds to my cab

Jimmu

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
oh

last year in calgary i experienced -50 with windchill

my plane doors froze, the deicer wouldnt dethaw them, so they had to get torches. it was in the middle of a blizzard. i thought i was going to die walking 30 seconds to my cab
Oh my god.

That is not ok at all, do you ever turn on the taps and water just doesn't come because it's all frozen or what? Do you even need a fridge in the winter?

Jamie

Till the roof comes off, till the lights go out...
trans-pan-demi-ethno-christian-math-autis-genderfluid-cheesecake
Oh my god.

That is not ok at all, do you ever turn on the taps and water just doesn't come because it's all frozen or what? Do you even need a fridge in the winter?
lol well we would obviously have much better insulation in our houses here :P, and because everyone has heating we do need fridges haha. Winter in Halifax where I am now you probably couldn't leave your milk outside for very long, as there are many days above 0, but in calgary you could for a while. Only thing is, Calgary has chinooks, which are warm winds from the south, and suddenly it'll be february and its +15 when a week before it was -30

CrimsonCavalier

Fuzzy Pickles
I'm running for a student organization position. One of the people I'm running against broke two rules already, and some of my friends told me that I should report her. I'm not that petty, but to be honest, part of me really wants to.

Mellow Ezlo

Spoony Bard
Oh my god.

Well, actually, last winter we stored some of our frozen goods outside because all the freezers were full, but most of them got frost burned because it was too cold outside lol.

Anyway, ZD is officially ruining my life. I just printed out a paper that I wrote just to discover that I attempted to format it entirely using bbcode... I'm glad I noticed before handing it in haha

Johnny Sooshi

Just a sleepy guy
Anyway, ZD is officially ruining my life. I just printed out a paper that I wrote just to discover that I attempted to format it entirely using bbcode... I'm glad I noticed before handing it in haha

jesus...dude...you've been in too long

Anyway, currently stalling on homework...I got every assignment possible from my professors.

Night Owl

~Momentai
Kinda frustrated at my Government class.
So far the class has mainly consisted of discussing current events with the occasional cliff notes lecture on the material needed for the test. There seems to be 20-50 points extra credit available to be added to your test grade, apparently to help everyone get an "A" regardless of his/her level of study. (The claim is that she knows what it's like to be a poor test taker) Her first test seemed to be the most diabolical creation I've ever seen. Several multiple choice had answers that were identical and could both be logically used to answer the question correctly. True and false questions that were ambiguous either due to deliberate typos or general poor English. I think the test had every diabolical trick in the book. I walked away from it feeling cheated, a feeling that I rarely get from test taking. It felt like the test was designed to punish those who don't do any extra credit. I got a 78 (before EC) on it and I have hunch that I might have one of the best scores in the class. (91 with the 13 extra points from the review day)

Tests are supposed to be challenging and make you wish you had studied more, not leave you feeling like you've been cheated.
This is the first time I've ever felt like a test was made to screw me over and that no amount of increased prior preparation could have led to a better grade.
/end rant

Night Owl

~Momentai
That is not ok at all, do you ever turn on the taps and water just doesn't come because it's all frozen or what?
No, That happens down in the south where the temperature is below freezing a handful of days in the year.
The siding around the base of our house was in disrepair last winter so we had our pipes freeze a few times, Luckily without bursting.

Curmudgeon

default setting: sarcastic prick
friend asked if he could name his fourth child after me. i hope for its sake that it's not a girl.

CrimsonCavalier

Fuzzy Pickles
I love how petty people are. I'm running for a student government position. One of the girls that is also running happens to be in my class. Ever since elections started, and we've been campaigning, she has not said a word to me nor made eye contact with me. It's so pathetic. Why people take stuff like this personally, I'll never understand.

I love how petty people are. I'm running for a student government position. One of the girls that is also running happens to be in my class. Ever since elections started, and we've been campaigning, she has not said a word to me nor made eye contact with me. It's so pathetic. Why people take stuff like this personally, I'll never understand.

I'm running for a student organization position. One of the people I'm running against broke two rules already, and some of my friends told me that I should report her. I'm not that petty, but to be honest, part of me really wants to.

Pretty petty huh!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom