• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Someone drops 50 dollars.

Jamie

Till the roof comes off, till the lights go out...
trans-pan-demi-ethno-christian-math-autis-genderfluid-cheesecake
Depends. If I actually saw them drop the money I'd give it back, but if I found it on the ground and had no reasonable way of knowing who it is, I'm not going to go searching for it. It's not like it's their wallet with their credit cards and ID and stuff. $50 is easily replaceable and really difficult for them to prove it's "their" $50. But if I /knew/ or even was pretty sure it was theirs, I'd give it back.

Dio

~ It's me, Dio!~
If I found 50 dorra I'd go cash it in at the beauro de change and get some Queen Elizabeth moneys for it.
If I see someone drop a note in front of me I'll point it out to them, but if I don't see who dropped it I keep the money.

Dan

If someone has just dropped it I would shout "Excuse me kind sir you've dropped your £50 note" they tend to always turn around and say "By the GoDs bless you kind prole" I then proceed to take out my lighter and burn it whilst running away laughing, it's worth it to me.

Curmudgeon

default setting: sarcastic prick
If someone has just dropped it I would shout "Excuse me kind sir you've dropped your £50 note" they tend to always turn around and say "By the GoDs bless you kind prole" I then proceed to take out my lighter and burn it whilst running away laughing, it's worth it to me.

there's perfectly good cocaine on that banknote. what a waste.

Reactions: Dio

TriforceEsphodel

Christmas Question Mark
I will go to the corners of the earth to return it, but if it was just lying on the ground with nobody claiming it, I'd keep it sincerely.

Curmudgeon

default setting: sarcastic prick
If we just dismantled capitalist society, 50 dollars wouldn't matter. I'm not hurting them. The system is hurting them.

so if someone shoots you in the head for stealing their $50, it's the system that perpetuates the easy proliferation of firearms that's at fault, not the guy who pulled the trigger. he's not hurting you, the system is.

Jamie

Till the roof comes off, till the lights go out...
trans-pan-demi-ethno-christian-math-autis-genderfluid-cheesecake
If we just dismantled capitalist society, 50 dollars wouldn't matter. I'm not hurting them. The system is hurting them.
This is a truly sociopathic way to think. You don't care that your actions affect another human being and you try to justify it. What

Batman

Not all those who wander are lost...

This is one of the most ridiculous things I've ever heard. You're using capitalism as an excuse to relieve yourself of personal responsibility. Yes, if we lived in a better society $50 wouldn't matter, but guess what...we don't live in that society. We happen to live in a society where $50 matters a whole lot a lot of people. By stealing their money you are effectively making their lives harder in a system that already makes it super hard on them. Just because the wound is there doesn't mean it's okay for you to pour salt on it.

so if someone shoots you in the head for stealing their $50, it's the system that perpetuates the easy proliferation of firearms that's at fault, not the guy who pulled the trigger. he's not hurting you, the system is.
Stole what? This fifty dollars, right here? Found it on the ground. No theft here, sorry. Not my fault they dropped it. Perfectly legal(unlike murder)

This is one of the most ridiculous things I've ever heard. You're using capitalism as an excuse to relieve yourself of personal responsibility. Yes, if we lived in a better society $50 wouldn't matter, but guess what...we don't live in that society. We happen to live in a society where $50 matters a whole lot a lot of people. By stealing their money you are effectively making their lives harder in a system that already makes it super hard on them. Just because the wound is there doesn't mean it's okay for you to pour salt on it.
It affects us all, Batman. Sure, maybe that guy needs those 50 dollars to live. Maybe he doesn't. I do know I need all the money I can get, and it sure as hell isn't my "personal responsibility" to screw myself over to make sure some guy gets his money back.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom