• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Ocarina of Time Life as a Kokiri

Mases

Lord of the Flies
Administrator
Site Staff
Wouldn't it be great to be a Kokiri child? You get to spend your entire live as a child. For the most part, you are protected by the Great Deku Tree. You get to run around and play throughout the forest, never having to worry about the daily problems of real life.

I mean, seriously, what more can anybody ask for. Freedom, liberty, and the persuit of happiness = the kokiri lifestyle. Poor Link, he actually thought he was a Kokiri, had to be stuck being a Hylian.

If the fictional world of the Kokiri were able to happen in real life. Being a Kokiri would be heaven. It would be paradise on earth. No worries, always having your friendly fairy as a companion. Hakuna Matata!!!

What do you think of the Life of the Kokiri Children.

R

Rheks

To be honest it would be quite boring XD being the same age not growing up plus you woudln't be able to leave kokiri, but I guess it would be in some way fun and great maybe. xD

linkman8

True and Noble
I see what you mean, Mases, it would sound like paradise. Nothing to worry about for the rest of eternity.... However, it would be kind of boring staying a kid forever, while seeing the race of men grow up and all. Especially seeing Link grow up before your eyes. :D

C

Charmy

That's an interesting thought, though I think it might get a little boring after a while. They don't have much to do.

P

Paine

I think to truly understand why it would be paradise as Mases says you need to think back to when you were a child as young as maybe even 8. When I was that age, I wanted to be a kid forever and never grow up. Now, I obviously realise that growing up is great, but as a child I would love to be young forever and I can see where Mases is getting at.

It would be great as a Kokiri!

Mases

Lord of the Flies
Administrator
Site Staff
When I was little, I never wanted to grow up, but I always had the idea that everybody else wanted to grow up. People thinking about being able to drive, not having to go to school anymore, not having to listen to their parents, getting a job, and having their own money. Now that I'm a grown-up (not really), I miss being a little kid.

I think within the Ocarina of Time, the Kokiri are sort of limited, but I also think that the game doesn't accurately show the entire race. Like, I'm sure there are more than the...9 kokiri in the whole world. Either way, they weren't just restricted to the Kokiri Forest, they could venture into the Lost Woods and Sacred Forest Meadow.

As a 21 year old who has failed miserably in the whole 'maturing' process. I still act like the 12 year old heart that I have in me. Thus, the Kokiri lifestyle would be very attractive to me. I don't know about you all, but my life as a 21 year old is much much much more boring than my life as a child. Back then, time was invaluable, and just always flew by. GO out to play at 10am in the morning and before I knew it, it was 8pm and getting dark outside. Now, wheter it be in school, at work, or just anything during the day, we live life so precisely. The innocense of a child, and in this case, a Kokiri is lost in adulthood. I want that back!!!

linkman8

True and Noble
*claps* Well spoken.
I'm sure everyone wishes that they had the innocence and worry-less lifestyle of children. I know I do. But I remember one beef I had with being a child is that you're too little to do almost anything. I remember going to bed early, and not allowed to do anything, because I was too little.
But back to the Kokiris, who's going to restrict them, besides the Deku Tree? What would they be restricted from? Not a whole lot, so I'd say they've got a nice lifestyle.

P

Peregrine

Except they're sort of restricted to their own little forest glade. If they leave the forest, they start to age. And if they go into the lost woods, they become Skull Kids.

It might be nice to imagine happy little forest people, frolicking around their little village. But at the end of the day, a gilded cage is still a cage.

The Kokiri lifestyle is like the cliche sometimes used to describe the College/University lifestyle; Delaying adulthood as long as you can, because you still want to hang out with your friends, party, and play games. You don't want to leave, because of the impending fear of "growing up", but you can't fight the inevitability. Sooner or later, you have to leave, and face the responsibilities of the real world; get a job, raise a family, fight Gannondorf...

serotonin_wraith

The Most Banned Member
I don't think I'd wanna be young forever, there's benefits to being older too. I wouldn't mind having the master sword and just popping to the temple of time when I fancied being young or older. Go back and forth - maybe not through time though.

In the end credits of OOT, there's a kokiri at the party at Lon Lon Ranch, so perhaps they can leave the forest...?

No..if they get 'lost' in the lost woods, they then become skullkids (there is a kokiri or two in the lost woods that didnt turn into a skulkid. If they enter the sacred forest meadow, they age (Saria is proof).

Mases

Lord of the Flies
Administrator
Site Staff
I didn't ever remember Saria aging. It has been quite some time since I've played the Ocarina of Time, but I just didn't recall that.

I was thinking of the Kokiri Philosophy in a real world environment sort of. Ya sure, if I was restrained to a tiny forest with 9people and couldn't leave, ya that would be terrible. I was thinking of the Kokiri Forest on a higher level really. It's mainly the idea of just being the same your entire life, never having to worry about the adult world. I guess I'm just a bit more conservative than most others when it comes to this kinda stuff. Change is not always a good thing.

Caleb

Walkthrough Man
I wouldn't want to be a Kokiri... I mean... I'd just be a little dude with blond hair covering my eyes, attempting to lift a boulder all day that never budges! Or I could stand there punching my fists in the air at nothing, then run away when the bad guys come... Or I could sit on top of a roof and yell out to people about Z Targeting for a living... Then there's also the fact that I wouldn't ever move from a single spot, except if I was like Mido, then I could spin around at an 80º angle, keeping people from getting to the Deku Tree. But then heck, there's always the option of GREEN hair instead!

No thanks.

Besides, I'm really creeped out by that little girl in the Lost Woods (to the left after entering) who's there for the Biggoron Sword quest... "Stalfos, everybody Stalfos." She creeps me out. I had assosiated Kokiri with Peter Pan worthy happy thoughts until I met her. Then I realized they were all incarnations of Chucky.

Nope. Still don't like it.

Though Saria is busy, but i have a question, do the kokori do different things when you come back seven years later?

Onilink89

Nyanko Sensei
as far as i know, if you have a fairy and you are in lost woods, you will be able to find your way back(don 't know but someone said that in the game) and if somebody gets lost they become a stalfos, well the blond kokiri girl said that if you gave the odd potion in exchange for poachers saw.

anyway i think it would be cool, but are kokiri even humans? maybe they are made of wood with a human appearance? i don 't want to end op to be a korok like in windwaker. ow yeah thats due hyrule was flooded. lol if link was really a kokiri and would cross the haunted wasteland to reach spirit temple, maybe he would change to a walking cactus or something.

Smitie

The Dutch Kusagari
i don't want to live like a kokiri, living in the same place for an eternity gets boring and outlive every friend who isn't a kokiri, isn't a nice idea.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom