• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Fears?

I hate driving. Hate it hate it hate it. I got my license by my senior year of high school at my parents' insistence, but I stopped as soon as I left for college and have never driven since, not even once. I never felt safe driving; I zone out very easily and have slow reaction time. Never got into an accident, but had more than a few close calls.

Aside from that... giving presentations. It's awful. If you ask me to tell you about such-and-such in a casual conversation, I'm totally cool. But as soon as you ask me to present that same information, I'm a hot inarticulate mess, stumbling over myself and blanking and everything. Doesn't matter the audience size; as soon as it's framed as a presentation, I'm seized with anxiety. Luckily, I don't have to present often, since I don't deal with clients at work, but... god help me when I do.

Vanessa28

Angel of Darkness
Staff member
ZD Legend
Administrator
I got a fear of busses. I often had to take the bus and no problems but still... If I see what small streets a bus has to go through and especially at winter I completely freak out. I rather walk for hours in the cold than taking that damn thing, I'm not even kidding. So glad I got my own car and no longer depend on the bus.

Jirohnagi

Braava Braava
I don't like the people on the buses for some reason i attract the weirdos and druggies so i always end up with them either in front of me or behind it doesn't help that sometimes they are parents. Literally had a stoner mother on the bus one time scream at her kids then at the driver to stop and she got really violent took 2 people to get her near the front and it took the driver as well to finally kick her off.

I'm arachnophobic, I've gotten to the point where littler spiders don't bother me unless they surprise me or are crawling on me, but bigger ones and certain species like black widows I can't stand to look at. I've refused to sleep if I've seen a spider in the room and I've been woken up from spider nightmares. I feel some fear to a lesser extent with other bug species.

Acrophobic-I love roller coasters but sometimes I can't even get on a ladder without feeling dizzy and envisioning broken bones or a horrible heart attack inducing fall.

When I was younger I was mildly afraid of clowns-I never went into full blown panic mode but I would feel very creeped out seeing a clown figurine, or one on tv. for the record I never saw IT.

I dunno if this has a name or not but I am afraid of open doors and closets at night. In fact I forgot to close my door tonight and I can't stand to look at the dark space in the hall, fearful a face or person will barge in, even knowing the doors are locked. I'm alone in the house today, so that's why I'm still awake. If I forget, I always keep my light on and try to listen to pretty music, or nature sounds but even then I swear someone or something is there, even though its just me.

Animatronics/Puppts/Dolls-I have always been creeped out by dolls, animatronics and puppets. I don't know why

Jirohnagi

Braava Braava
I'm arachnophobic, I've gotten to the point where littler spiders don't bother me unless they surprise me or are crawling on me, but bigger ones and certain species like black widows I can't stand to look at. I've refused to sleep if I've seen a spider in the room and I've been woken up from spider nightmares. I feel some fear to a lesser extent with other bug species.

Acrophobic-I love roller coasters but sometimes I can't even get on a ladder without feeling dizzy and envisioning broken bones or a horrible heart attack inducing fall.

When I was younger I was mildly afraid of clowns-I never went into full blown panic mode but I would feel very creeped out seeing a clown figurine, or one on tv. for the record I never saw IT.

I dunno if this has a name or not but I am afraid of open doors and closets at night. In fact I forgot to close my door tonight and I can't stand to look at the dark space in the hall, fearful a face or person will barge in, even knowing the doors are locked. I'm alone in the house today, so that's why I'm still awake. If I forget, I always keep my light on and try to listen to pretty music, or nature sounds but even then I swear someone or something is there, even though its just me.

Animatronics/Puppts/Dolls-I have always been creeped out by dolls, animatronics and puppets. I don't know why

I've never heard of Acrophobia but i do share that issue with open doors and closets, i can probably blame Stephen King for that i read some of his work when i was a kid and found i didn't want doors to be open, but then i have a mild discontent with shut doors you never know what is on the other side.

Puppets/Dolls/Animatronics and those goddamn lifelike porcelain faces. The way that sometimes the puppets and the like are made make them seem lifelike even though you know they do not move, a trick of the eye or a slight breeze can make it look like they move. Ventriloquist Dolls are the worst for that, i've had no end of nightmares where one of those evil things come to life and start using the ventriloquist as the doll. Porcelain faces are probably the worst thing ever invented my parents had one set on the wall above the stairs and i couldn't go near the stairs at night because i thought it was a face in the wall. I kept expecting it to somehow reach around the wall and attack me even when i was halfway down the hall way from it.

I've never heard of Acrophobia but i do share that issue with open doors and closets, i can probably blame Stephen King for that i read some of his work when i was a kid and found i didn't want doors to be open, but then i have a mild discontent with shut doors you never know what is on the other side.

Puppets/Dolls/Animatronics and those goddamn lifelike porcelain faces. The way that sometimes the puppets and the like are made make them seem lifelike even though you know they do not move, a trick of the eye or a slight breeze can make it look like they move. Ventriloquist Dolls are the worst for that, i've had no end of nightmares where one of those evil things come to life and start using the ventriloquist as the doll. Porcelain faces are probably the worst thing ever invented my parents had one set on the wall above the stairs and i couldn't go near the stairs at night because i thought it was a face in the wall. I kept expecting it to somehow reach around the wall and attack me even when i was halfway down the hall way from it.

Acrophobia-fear of heights.

You know, if your closer to my age, it might be things like Stop Motion Animation, old animatronics at places like Disneyland and Chuck E. Cheese and Jim Henson's darker movies that make you afraid of them.

Sutittaja

Freezing chill
This may sound stupid, but I can't stand person in mascot suits. I was ( and still am) very shy as child and when I went to amusment parks or any theme parks, I always try to stay as far away as possible. I just can't stand idea of random people in odd suit come and hug me,or even talk to me.

I also don't like clowns much, they creep me out.

This may sound stupid, but I can't stand person in mascot suits. I was ( and still am) very shy as child and when I went to amusment parks or any theme parks, I always try to stay as far away as possible. I just can't stand idea of random people in odd suit come and hug me,or even talk to me.

It's not stupid.

Triforce King

Pathfinder for life

Man, I would hate to see your reaction in one of those furry conventions

Jirohnagi

Braava Braava
Acrophobia-fear of heights.

You know, if your closer to my age, it might be things like Stop Motion Animation, old animatronics at places like Disneyland and Chuck E. Cheese and Jim Henson's darker movies that make you afraid of them.

Unsure of the ages twixt thou and i, but i don't live in america so no Chuck E.Cheese and i've never been to Disneyland. I've never liked things with overly human characteristics or traits and human simulcra are the worst. The more something attempts to be human the freakier it is. I think it can be classed as Uncanny Valley.

Mudora

Innocent but not fearful.
Definitely heights and deep water. Growing up I was never a fan of swimming; my parents practically had to drag me to my lessons. :P I just don't see the appeal.

Reactions: Dan

Squirrel

The Rodent King
I had a friend who had a phobia of statues. I guess it was probably automatonophobia based off of a google search I just did. And it was pretty intense. Getting within 20 feet of a statue (willingly) was too much for her.

I don't have any 'phobia' (as far as I'm aware) of anything but I really hate long door-handles. I'm okay with knobs but handles freak me out if they're too big. I always imagine my hand being caught behind it and my wrist being bent backwards and broken. Same thing with really anything else metal, attached to a structure that doesn't really move (or actually being a structure that won't move), and in a shape that would allow one to bend a body part the wrong way and break it. Some railings on stairways are bad. Sometimes I get freaked out by ladders when they're attached to a structure like on a fire escape.

Link Floyd

ᵒⁿ ᵗʰᵉ ʳᵘⁿ
My only real fear is losing those close to me. But other fears that still exist within me that I find kinda silly are: mirrors, demonic ghosts, and fire.

Kylo Ken

I will finish what Spyro started
I'm afraid of heights; however, I tend to do a lot of stuff that puts me up there. Eventually, I always build up enough courage to do it, so I guess this fear doesn't prevent me from complete any task.

Suffocating to death. Not exactly death itself, as being shot, stabbed, beaten, etc doesn't frighten me, but being suffocated (drowning, being choked to death, lung complications, etc) frightens me.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom