• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Things That Are on Your Mind

Beauts

Rock and roll will never die
I don't like when people are rude to customer service employees. For example, servers at a restaurant or the people bagging your groceries at the store. There are times when, yes, you will have very poor service, but most of the time, I've noticed, people are just rude to them bc it seems that they deem themselves "better" than the working guy or gal.

I was at the grocery store, and the guy at the checkout counter was new. There was a sign in front of the line that said "Training in Process", and he was even wearing a huge sign on his shirt that said "I'm new! Please be patient with me!" Seriously.

And the old man was just being such an ass to him. He kept yelling for someone to help him bc he didn't know what he was doing. Yeah, NO KIDDING. He's new. Of course he doesn't know what he's doing. He was acting as if he had never been new at anything in his life. I wanted to tell the kid "Don't pay attention to him: he's just mad because he's going to die soon."

I have literally like, a thousand stories of ****ty customers and you know what? I think of those times and every other time that someone has made a complaint about me or another person I work with because they gave 'bad' service or were a little rude to someone unintentionally and got fired or disciplined for it. That ONE service person might have been rude to you. Do you know how many rude customers that service person encounters every single day, but we can't utter a single word of complaint? It drives me nuts. And in the retail industry, they literally don't give a **** about you. Most companies treat you as a disposable ass-wipe and are not interested in their employees. You're just a cheap cog in a huge machine. Retail workers deserve an Oscar for their performance on being polite and chirpy after ten people have been unbelievably rude in a row. It's just a shame more people can't have a little compassion or empathy for the people who are literally doing them a service because, as much as the company could throw me away, I could throw them away and get another exactly the same job somewhere else. But I'm here doing you a favour by letting you shop until five minutes after store closing. Yes, I might be pissed you're taking **** off the shelves and making me stay late. I mean it's not like I have a home to go to! Customers are there for leisure and need, customer service employees are there because they don't have a choice.

Garo

Boy Wonder
He said July.

CLSev14UYAAGUrL.png:large

Beauts

Rock and roll will never die
My face and head are starting to feel better, but not my nose or my hand which is bruised. I also have found my suspicions on what has been making me kind of ill latelt but I won't know for sure until they decide to send me my scan date.

Dan

You the person that is reading this post, I just want to let you know that you deserve a twix chocolate bar for reading through all these posts! You have done well to make it this far after all, consider this the first selfless post of the thing on your mind thread, enjoy for we shall see you again in the future.

Link Floyd

ᵒⁿ ᵗʰᵉ ʳᵘⁿ
You better take a selfie as soon as you guys meet! ;)

in all srsness though, I'm really excited for you 2. Hope you have a fantastic visit! :)

Man, this is good news indeed, I'm happy for you both! Go get her man:bubsy:

Thanks guys! :) I'm so excited right now I'm doing jumping jacks in front of the computer like a crazy person. :cooky:

CrimsonCavalier

Fuzzy Pickles
I have literally like, a thousand stories of ****ty customers and you know what? I think of those times and every other time that someone has made a complaint about me or another person I work with because they gave 'bad' service or were a little rude to someone unintentionally and got fired or disciplined for it. That ONE service person might have been rude to you. Do you know how many rude customers that service person encounters every single day, but we can't utter a single word of complaint? It drives me nuts. And in the retail industry, they literally don't give a **** about you. Most companies treat you as a disposable ass-wipe and are not interested in their employees. You're just a cheap cog in a huge machine. Retail workers deserve an Oscar for their performance on being polite and chirpy after ten people have been unbelievably rude in a row. It's just a shame more people can't have a little compassion or empathy for the people who are literally doing them a service because, as much as the company could throw me away, I could throw them away and get another exactly the same job somewhere else. But I'm here doing you a favour by letting you shop until five minutes after store closing. Yes, I might be pissed you're taking **** off the shelves and making me stay late. I mean it's not like I have a home to go to! Customers are there for leisure and need, customer service employees are there because they don't have a choice.

It was nice when I was the supervisor, and I would tell customers to piss off. I worked at a military pharmacy and so I tried to run a tight shift. You know, keep in disciplined and stuff. And that went for our hours of operation as well. It was clearly stated: we close at 8:00pm. Not 8:01. Not 8:05. 8:00. Because we also opened at 7:00am. Not 7:01. Patients and customers were ready to make sure we knew we were late opening, so I was equally sure to remind them when we closed. If I had a person come up and get huffy with me because we were closing and we wouldn't serve them at 8:15, I would tell them off. If they were REALLY nice, and apologetic and understanding of how they were in the wrong for coming late and making us stay, then I would usually help them. But no one came to my pharmacy on my shift and demanded anything from me because I would quite happily tell someone to bugger off, and their rank be damned.

Because you're right. No one cares about the worker bee. So I took care of my guys and gals. If someone needed to stay late, it was me. If someone had to deal with an irate customer, it was me. It's part of being the supervisor, having rank, but it was also because I was a lot older than most of them.

Anyways, I think everyone should have at least one service job in their life so they know what it's like.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom